Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got the broadband modem in the car to link up tonight, so might even post here in the evenings once I get a decent response time, finally moving on from dial-up. Might use internet a bit less at work...
Bike ride planned for Sunday, down to West Bay - fish & chips for lunch. Hope not to see them again on the climb to Hardy's Monument on the way back!

striker

Tax return to finish on line this weekend.
Then the last chance to get the 100K in for January as I'm off to Hong Kong next Wednesday

Arch

Married to Night Train
No definite plans. Might get down to the allotment, but it's too soggy to dig much. Need to do some laundry, get a few groceries in. Could even go for a bike ride, if it was nice. Ride out and see if Naburn is still under water, maybe. Really have to finish the scarf I'm on, as I have people waiting for an emu and a dalek, and I want to get on with a tanktop for Oli. But scarves just go on and on and on... Got to sort out an application form for a job - just rejigging the stuff I've put on two other forms this week, so as to make me sound perfect... (that's a lot of rejigging!)

Dave5N

Über Member
Just back from Pub Quiz. Carpet fitting tomorrow morning then Panto PM.

Trying to talk myself into racing Sunday. Regrettably, the excuses are becoming more and more shrill and attention-seeking and are drowning out the reasons for.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ride as far as I can before I collapse.

Noodley

Dave5N said:
Panto PM.

What's the story with Panto after Christmas!? My boss was at a Panto last weekend in north England, but I have never heard of panto after Christmas before.

(Don't you realise it is now Valentine's Day Easter Burns Day xx()

Dave5N

Über Member
Noodley said:
What's the story with Panto after Christmas!? My boss was at a Panto last weekend in north England, but I have never heard of panto after Christmas before.

(Don't you realise it is now Valentine's Day Easter Burns Day xx()

Wasn't it always?

Even when I was a kid, which is a few years ago now, it could be February before we got to go.

James and the Giant Peach tomorrow. Not a favourite RD.

Noodley

Dave5N said:
Wasn't it always?

No. That's the thing, maybe it's a Scottish thing that Panto is pre-christmas? Although I now see a few Pantos in Scotland into the next year I fell this is an "English import" and/or a means of making more cash rather than making merriment for the sake of it.

For me, Panto is pre-Christmas.

Dave5N

Über Member
Noodley said:
No. That's the thing, maybe it's a Scottish thing that Panto is pre-christmas? Although I now see a few Pantos in Scotland into the next year I fell this is an "English import" and/or a means of making more cash rather than making merriment for the sake of it.

For me, Panto is pre-Christmas.

Hmm. Reeks of Presbyterianism.

Top Bottom