Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone's coming to look at my van tomorrow so I'm hanging around the yard tonight and sleeping in my lorry in order to meet them tomorrow morning. Then my band are practising tomorrow (and discussing the idea of constructing an eco friendly pedal powered generator van to allow us to do gigs outside), me and Ms RT are probably going out for a beer or ten tomorrow night and I might get a ride in (on the bike, that is) on Sunday. You never know.

domtyler

Über Member
Swimming with the little one tomorrow morning, then want to take her to Hamley's, the toy shop, at some point. Am giving a lot of thought to getting out on the bike too for a few hours, maybe the club run on Sunday morning.

wafflycat

wafflycat said:
As the weather forecast for tomorrow is sunny & dry, albeit cold, I am planning a 40+miler tomorrow. Sunday I'm trying to wangle at least a 25-miler with a bit of luck,

Just got back from a 50-miler I managed to get in today. Well, an 82km to be more precise. Mr Wafflycat & I have had a lovely time on our bicycles. Stopped at Betty's tea rooms at Sandringham for a sport of refreshment. The vegetable soup was delicious.

stevenb

Didn't manage to do much today...just under 36 miles...took ages to get warmed up...almost gave up after 10 miles....but felt better after.
Did a fast-ish time too..
Tomorrow practicing a short course race route (approx 42 miles) and going for a mega super time. ;)

wafflycat

stevenb said:
Didn't manage to do much today...just under 36 miles...took ages to get warmed up...almost gave up after 10 miles....but felt better after.

Aye, today was cold out there! I had a windproof base layer, normal jersey, armwarmers and a winter jacket & occasinally the cold still got through. Certainly towards the end of the ride the temperature was noticeably dropping. Indeed, through some of the villages today, even in the middle of the day the village ponds had a layer of ice on top. It's going to be *very cold* tonight I think.

Poor Mr Wafflycat was cold to the bone towards the end of the ride, so I've sent him off to soak in a hot bath so he can thaw out.

Zoom

Über Member
First ever proper permanent 200 Audax (rather than a DIY exercise in getting lost) with 1 probably 2 others tomorrow, if I fail I shall cry as will have to go out on my own the week after next in order to complete my 2nd RRTY. I hope it stays cold all day so I'm not lugging around a sweaty Ice Station Zebra jacket.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Didn't go out today - chest too bad - was a bit too chilly for me yesterday when out, - hence coughing fit when I got home......so decided take it easy - been spring cleaning the house....;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
daughter made her macc town debut, they got dicked 7-1 (but they were a player down all game).

tomorrow, i'm doing the club's barry hyde circuit of the edge event, 50 mile which basically does a nasty local climb about three times, in various directions.

It was a bit parky for cycling today - the frost didn't lift from parts of the garden during the day, and as I've got a cold, I thought I'd take it easy. So, I went out rabbit shooting and did my longest ever shot - buck rabbit at 161 yards.

simonali

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
It was a bit parky for cycling today - the frost didn't lift from parts of the garden during the day, and as I've got a cold, I thought I'd take it easy. So, I went out rabbit shooting and did my longest ever shot - buck rabbit at 161 yards.

How do you tell it's exactly 161 yards. Not being funny, I just know nuffink about shooting. :smile:

Dave5N

Über Member
Patrick Stevens said:
I went out rabbit shooting .

Alternatively:

"It was cold today so I tried to kill or hurt an animal from as far away as possible. I was quite safe and I didn't need to hunt for food. I hit it, and then measured how far away it was from me when it eventually died.

I did it for sport of course. The rabbit died an unnecessary and no doubt painful death because I didn't fancy going for a ride on my bike that morning. His bad luck really.

I am a lawyer. I don't understand why people think we are arrogant self-centred self-serving unfeeling idiots."

Top Bottom