Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dave5N said:
Alternatively:

"It was cold today so I tried to kill or hurt an animal from as far away as possible. I was quite safe and I didn't need to hunt for food. I hit it, and then measured how far away it was from me when it eventually died.

I did it for sport of course. The rabbit died an unnecessary and no doubt painful death because I didn't fancy going for a ride on my bike that morning. His bad luck really.

I am a lawyer. I don't understand why people think we are arrogant self-centred self-serving unfeeling idiots."

... on the other hand, he might even now be digesting a delicious rabbit stew.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just got back from Malta this evening...

Removal of a tooth tomorrow ...:smile:
Its broken into 3 pieces and only half of its visible now...:tongue:
Local jab :tongue:...cut the gums :tongue: tooth out :thumbsup:

Still....am i bovvered .......:tongue::biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
... on the other hand, he might even now be digesting a delicious rabbit stew.

He didn't post: "I was hungry".

He posted: "I shot a rabbit from 161 yards (I assume he means 147 metres really) that's a personal best."

He went out to kill or hurt an animal not to feed himself. He is a lawyer. What part of my earlier post do you dispute?

Did you sell your van?

Dave5N said:
He didn't post: "I was hungry".

He posted: "I shot a rabbit from 161 yards (I assume he means 147 metres really) that's a personal best."

He went out to kill or hurt an animal not to feed himself. He is a lawyer. What part of my earlier post do you dispute?

Did you sell your van?

The van's not sold yet, it ends tomorrow evening (that is to say, this evening, strictly speaking). It's still not too late to bid.:smile:
To be fair to Patrick (even though he's a lawyer), he didn't say he didn't eat the rabbit. Perhaps he did, I know I would have.

Dave5N said:
Lead poisoning.

I knew the symptomns, just didn't put the name to the condition, so to speak.

:smile:

Dave5N

Über Member
I'm intrigued now. 161 yards is a long way. I assume it was a shotgun? I don't know much about guns: if you hit at that distance, can you miss? Doesn't the shot spread out anyway?

Dave5N

Über Member
To elaborate. I remember a mate at school caught the gamekeepers gun and wasn't badly, as in life-threatenly, hurt, but he did get badly peppered and was sore, and treated for a month. no modern court case, then.

andygates

Good weekend: First, with Chuffy's help, I built a tallbike:

extremechuffy.jpg

(which is very scary)

thefaceofterror.jpg

And then I saved civilisation from zombie sheep. You can thank me later!

headshot.jpg

Dave5N said:
Alternatively:

"It was cold today so I tried to kill or hurt an animal from as far away as possible. I was quite safe and I didn't need to hunt for food. I hit it, and then measured how far away it was from me when it eventually died.

I did it for sport of course. The rabbit died an unnecessary and no doubt painful death because I didn't fancy going for a ride on my bike that morning. His bad luck really.

I am a lawyer. I don't understand why people think we are arrogant self-centred self-serving unfeeling idiots."

I did it for pest control actually, on a vulnerable mountain site. It is a criminal offence not to control rabbits under one of the Pest Acts. The rabbits on that hillside cause erosion gullies which are a problem in North Wales and cause major environmental degradation. The rabbit died instantly; the bullet penetrated via the shoulder into the heart lung area. The carcase was in excellent condition and I considered taking it home myself. However, the local buzzard population has a rough time of it at this time of year, so I eviscerated the rabbit and moved it to a position where the buzzards could easily feed on it.

No, I didn't exactly feel anything, but it was all thought through and done for a purpose.

Dave5N said:
I'm intrigued now. 161 yards is a long way. I assume it was a shotgun? I don't know much about guns: if you hit at that distance, can you miss? Doesn't the shot spread out anyway?

There's no way you should take a shot with a shotgun at any living thing more than about 40 yards away. I was using a high velocity rifle firing an ultra tiny .17 inch calibre bullet that only weighs 17 grains.

Top Bottom