Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
No plans... I downloaded the first season of Battlestar Galactica (the new one) so might have to watch a few episodes, out on the bike at some point, and having a few Tiger Beers tonight...yum....

Oo, are you in for a treat - one of my favourite recent serials (well, that and Heroes). It's a good idea (but not essential) to watch the mini-series first if you can, as it gives some good background to the series proper. (Give me a shout if you're in the City centre in the coming weeks, happy to lend you the DVD).

As for my own plans - the dog is overdue a couple of long walks, and the bike desperately needs a wash after a rather wet and grimy week of commuting. If we get a good Sunday, may try and do a 20 miler or so...

Joe

Über Member
I'm entered in the Evan's Brighton "Ride it" (long road route) on Sunday. Should be around 110 miles by the time I've cycled to the start and back:biggrin:
I've been looking forward to it but have developed quite a painful knee towards the end of this week (today in particular). I've discovered my saddle was a bit lower than I thought and have now raised it. I'm hoping that this was the cause and that it will have settled down in time. Otherwise I might have to swallow my pride and pull out (I learned the hard way last time not to attempt to ride through injurys);)

col

Legendary Member
Giving my bike a bit of tlc on saturday,then settling down to an afternoon of modeling,i forgot how much real work takes it out of you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Battlestar Galactica First Series - WATCHED - quick hilly 10 miles only to day in 29 mins - daughter has been throwing up all day since 5am....

Hugo15

Über Member
Went to the LBS yesterday to sort out some forks for the summer bike. Went for some Kinesis Tracer ones in the end as the prospect of getting the Easton ones (my first choice) any time soon seems remote.

Was out early this morning for 40 miles on the bike. A ggod ride bt it was flipping cold again. This afternoon we took the kids to the park. Just made it back in time to see the last 10 kms of Paris-Roubaix.

surfgurl

I went for a walk in the woods with Mr Surf and some friends who were scouting for locations for a film. I had the bike in the car so at the second location I went for a pootle on some tracks and up and down a couple of hills. On the way home at the top of Cheddar Gorge I made Mr Surf stop the car to let me and the bike out.:laugh:
I think I need to replace my brakes now!

Top Bottom