Plastic chain wheel guard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adios600.com

Can anyone help me please, I am building an old folding bike and I want to fit a plastic chain wheel guard the round sort. I have no actual fixing holes. Can anyone advise me what may fit with a bit of fettling.

alicat

Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum - could you post a pic? Not sure if you have to reply to some more threads before you get the necessary permissions....

Alternatively, cable ties could be what you need to fix the guard.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
A

Adios600.com

Welcome to the forum - could you post a pic? Not sure if you have to reply to some more threads before you get the necessary permissions....

That's a good idea. But I will see if I am clever enough to post a picture.

OP
OP
A

Adios600.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-093003.png
    Screenshot_20230524-093003.png
    92 KB · Views: 4

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the sort that go on a brompton for example push into some extra holes on the chainset arms.

or such as spa do a double chainset converted to a single ring and chainguard--

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m8b0s109p1699/STRONGLIGHT-Impact-S-Chainset-with-double-chain-guard

but you need to make sure that if you change the crankset you don't fark up the chain line, especially on a folder.

Why do you really want a chainguard on a bike that didn't come with one? Just tuck your trousers into your socks?

OP
OP
A

Adios600.com

It came with a full chain guard. But I want to keep the weight down. To save my best trousers I thought I might tart it up with a coloured chain wheel guard

Top Bottom