Please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piemanpaul

Regular
Ok, I really need some help with choosing a bike.
I have been looking for about 3 months for a road bike, I currently have a boardman comp hybrid which has done me proud for about 4 years, I need to buy a new chainset so thought take the plunge and buy a new bike.
Here's where the quandary is, I started off by looking at the carbon boardman for a grand, nice bike I thought, looks the part and is fitted with good kit, 105s and tiagra mixed.
Then I start to look around and see a carbon in Planet X for about £200 quid more, almost bought it on the spot, then a cycling friend of mine says look at canyon, for about another £200 you can get a top quality frame bike that will last.
So here's the big question, buy the Planet X with full ultegra set, or go for the canyon with 105s and tiagra, do I sacrifice the better kit for a better frame, HELP?????????

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I may not be helpful as I don't own any of them/ that kit but you should always buy the best you can afford- that way, when you're flagging up a local hill after a 100 mile run you will be thinking 'I wonder if this would have been easier/ faster/ better on the next one up'. If you couldn't afford it then there's no point thinking it.
Have you ridden any of them? Trickier with Planet x and Canyon I know- but for 1k you need to make sure you're comfortable.

OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
Thanks guys think it will be tricky to test the canyon as they import from Germany, only ridden the Planet X on runners in the shop.
My feeling is go for the planet bike as it's got the best kit, but part of me is thinking get the best frame then I can upgrade when I can afford it.

Top Bottom