Please kick me off my fat a%rse and .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

....tell me to go for a ride in this bloody aweful wet and windy weather! Looking ot the window it's raining hard, cold and windy...I have a cup of tea and it is telling me to stay put.... but my riding has dropped off by about 50% since Christmas and I am starting to put on weight again...

...I need a size 13 boot up my arse...dont let me down.:sad:

domtyler

Über Member
BTFB,

I have suspended your CC account until you get back from your ride.

Dom

I recently ploughed my way through the traffic to London Big Bloke and, along the way thought how exhilarating the whole ride was - despite the lorries, jams, grime etc. I saw a shop full of shivering souls in Starbucks when I was waiting for the lights at Camden Town and thought myself lucky.

Do it.

Now.

stepping out of the front door is the hardest part. so get your kit in and cross that threshold. once you're out there you're already on your ride so you might as well go. unless you live in a castle it can't be more than a few metres away...go on go on go on go on go on go on go on...

i'm doing a 3 day tour of dorset this weekend and I've not ridden for 2 months (for real reasons too!). i may not be able to walk for a week afterwards....

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
stepping out of the front door is the hardest part. so get your kit in and cross that threshold. once you're out there you're already on your ride so you might as well go. unless you live in a castle it can't be more than a few metres away...go on go on go on go on go on go on go on...

i'm doing a 3 day tour of dorset this weekend and I've not ridden for 2 months (for real reasons too!). i may not be able to walk for a week afterwards....

Non now, don't get me started!! :becool::biggrin:

Hateful though they are, dare I say the word Turbo. If nothing else they keep the status quo for when time and weather have defeated you.

bianchi1

Guru
just got back in from a 40 mile jolly. It is very gusty out there. Way out was rough, way back ...WOW was i moving. Its always the starting out thats the hard bit. go for it.

girofan

trustysteed said:
don't go riding in the rain and wind. you will only have to clean the bike and it's not worth the chore.

I'd rather clean two cars than one bike!! Can't someone engineer a situation where one can get wet but not the bikes.
I would urge that you stay in and do something useful. There will be other days to ride. Riding should be as pleasant as possible not an onerous chore!! :becool::wacko:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ok..I'm back...

25 miles as per usual...but it wasnt much fun to be honest...windy is an understatement. The rain eased off though as soon as I got all my waterproof kit on and stepped outside:rolleyes:

...didn't see a single other cyclist en route. The highlight of the ride was providing entertainment for a bunch of about 10 toddlers out learning how to cross th eroad at a crossing with there teachers/minders...." Oh look at that children...a nice ploiceman on a bicycle has stopped for you!"...clearly my black gear , yellow hi vis vest and white hat confused her!:becool:....

...thanks for the KUTA...I needed it today:biggrin:

Top Bottom