Please recommend a Tennis Racquet for a Beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am thinking of taking up tennis again. The local tennis club has various sessions for beginners, including a Rookies Social. They also do Cardio Tennis which sounds like a good way to increase my stamina and my hand/eye co-ordination.

I would like to find a tennis racquet, or racket if you prefer, that is lightweight. Have you got any suggestions? I am confused because there seems to be so many sizes and lengths. I am intending to buy it in a shop rather than on-line, but not sure where to start.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@Fnaar :secret: Do you enjoy playing doubles?

Fubar

Guru
I am thinking of taking up tennis again. The local tennis club has various sessions for beginners, including a Rookies Social. They also do Cardio Tennis which sounds like a good way to increase my stamina and my hand/eye co-ordination.

I would like to find a tennis racquet, or racket if you prefer, that is lightweight. Have you got any suggestions? I am confused because there seems to be so many sizes and lengths. I am intending to buy it in a shop rather than on-line, but not sure where to start.

I'm sure bigger Tesco's/Asda sell them, or try Decathlon if you want bigger choice at a reasonable price.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm sure bigger Tesco's/Asda sell them, or try Decathlon if you want bigger choice at a reasonable price.

The last time I was in a big supermarket was in June 2006. That experience, nearly nine years ago, is indelibly marked in my memory. Ironicaly I prefer the Tesco express near here, which I have always described as the size of a tennis court.

As to size, the rackets are sold as anything between about 17" and 27". The smaller ones would be for children, but what are the adult sizes? Do you need to be seven feet tall to benefit from the extra length of racket?

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Serves you right.

I hope you return with something more helpful. ^_^

Licramite

Über Member
of course the real question is which bike should you get whilst playing tennis on your bike?
one of those little stunt bikes might be good, but for a long game I would go for a hybred maybe with a tourer saddle.

Top Bottom