Please watch this video and be inspired.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
60 years. They must have terrible chub rub by now.

bladderhead

Inspiring indeed.

Their cranks seem to be in phase all through that video. Is this a thing tandem riders do?

midlife

Guru
The front and rear cranks are joined by a fixed chain so always remain in the same relative positions..... In phase as you say.

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Apologies if this is dated, I have never seen it before and assumed it was reasonably current.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, inspiring! I hope I will still be cycling at that age. And walking, and swimming, and rowing, and climbing, and drinking beer, and enjoying music and... and.... and....

Tandem is no joke! It takes a whole lot of give and take to get to a decent level. It will test your marriage ha ha!

I do hope those folks replace the timing chain soon. That thing is sagging like a 90 year set of boobs! :girldance:

0T3_zpsjfc7dyi8.jpg

101715E_zpsxmovcvew.jpg
081217E_zpsjqlfm8k9.jpg
Tandem

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
You rarely see tandems these days. I'd probably like one 'cos I could go on the back and OH could do all the hard work. Can anyone explain their appeal to me?

The video reminded me of the story of how Beryl Burton got into cycling. She was at work when she heard a click-click-click, looked up and it was a young chap arriving at work with his bike. They started going out, she started riding a bike, and within a few years was winning races and they married.

Top Bottom