Pocpac Phone case and Onelife id....Brilliant!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given the tip on setting up an android handset, so that a number would scroll along a locked handset, from a Paramedic.
Don't carry one with me, but I do have a mobile and it has been used, by those in the ambulance service to prove who I was. On more than one occasion. If they are called to attend, then I'm usually out of it and unable to answer.
I'm also aware that both the ambulance service and police will seek some means of identifying a person incable of giving a response. A small laminated, printed card, containing my details, Drs details, current medication and known allergies is carried. As they will search for any ID.
This was another "Urban Myth" that has since been laid to rest.

The lock screen tip works for any phone with a lock screen that is personalised, whether it be Android or IOS

Personally I carry a "RoadID" wrist band and have a cheap key ring tag that gives my name, and my wife's mobile number attached to the frame

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Some motorcyclists have a sticker inside their motorcycle helmets with ICE information, blood group, allergies etc, one could do the same if one wears a helmet, or a sticker on the bike, but tags seem to me to be the easiest option.

Me?

I ain't got no ID, nuffink not a sausage, bugger all, I'm well 'ard.

Sara_H

Guru
I think ICE can be a useful means of ID, but it's not the only means.

Because we're tight northerners, me and the OH have a photo of us together which we've edited with text reading "ICE - Sara_H 07XXXXXXXX" (you get my drift!) which we then use as the lock screen.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Eckshoooally, having read the OP's linky and compared it with similar products available I think Pocpac's offer is pretty good.. Its not as cheap as a dogtag, or just printing a sticky label, but it looks like it ticks a lot of boxes, its got tags, its got waterproof case, its got an ICE screen. You don't need it but for 12 queens it ain't a bad deal.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Eckshoooally, having read the OP's linky and compared it with similar products available I think Pocpac's offer is pretty good.. Its not as cheap as a dogtag, or just printing a sticky label, but it looks like it ticks a lot of boxes, its got tags, its got waterproof case, its got an ICE screen. You don't need it but for 12 queens it ain't a bad deal.

Post it note pad and a load of sandwich bags cost how much? Could have one for each member of the family, plus many replacements or the spares can be utilised for carrying sandwiches :tongue:

Some motorcyclists have a sticker inside their motorcycle helmets with ICE information, blood group, allergies etc, one could do the same if one wears a helmet, or a sticker on the bike, but tags seem to me to be the easiest option.

Me?

I ain't got no ID, nuffink not a sausage, bugger all, I'm well 'ard.

Again....... A plastic key ring for a few pence will do the job of a tag,

Post it note pad and a load of sandwich bags cost how much? Could have one for each member of the family, plus many replacements or the spares can be utilised for carrying sandwiches :tongue:

You can then feed the emergency services when they arrive!

jayonabike