Pointless things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Digital 'downloads' if you want something buy the fecking CD
I agree downloads are pretty useless nowadays, but so are CDs. I don't have a player in the house or in the car, all my music is streamed from my phone. £10/month with access to 99% of recorded music in the world! CDs can skip, get scratched and take up room

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I agree downloads are pretty useless nowadays, but so are CDs. I don't have a player in the house or in the car, all my music is streamed from my phone. £10/month with access to 99% of recorded music in the world! CDs can skip, get scratched and take up room
yeah We've only got about 300 CDs as opposed to the 700 or so LPs...........................vinyl is soooo much better.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Do you not own a TV too?

Now you mention it, whilst In do have a TV screen, I don't have an aerial so only use it for DVDs.& internet, admittedly including BBC and netscape shows. Confirming to a cliche aside, I had intended to get an aerial but 5 years on not got round to it

TV licence. The Beeb is nothing but a bunch of blatant commie sympathisers, and the "quality" programming has been all but non exisitent in recent years. Conversely, other outlets such as Channel 4/film 4, Netflix, etc, have produced some top drawer material without the slightest whiff of a TV licence.
To be fair, they are now rerunning Hi-de-Hi on BBC4. There's a COVID silver lining!

Chris S

Legendary Member
TV licence. The Beeb is nothing but a bunch of blatant commie sympathisers, and the "quality" programming has been all but non exisitent in recent years. Conversely, other outlets such as Channel 4/film 4, Netflix, etc, have produced some top drawer material without the slightest whiff of a TV licence.
Their output is mainly repeats, it makes me wonder what they spend their £4 billion a year on.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Their output is mainly repeats, it makes me wonder what they spend their £4 billion a year on.
You got me wondering as well. there's an article in the Torygraph I've taken this from (the rest is behind the paywall:rolleyes:)

£2.4bn for TV

BBC1 £1.4bn :ohmy::ohmy:
BBC2 £0.5bn
BBC Parliament £10m
BBC News £63m
BBC Alba £9m
CBeebies £41m
BBC3 £114m
BBC4 £63m
CBBC £100m

Radio £63m

Online & Red Button £201m
World Service £254m
Licence Fee Collection £101m
Broadband Rollout £150m
Local TV £23m
S4C £76m
Development £83m
Orchestras and Performing groups £33m

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The V2 rocket. It's explosive load was about 1/10th that of a heavy bomber of the era, but it cost 10 times as much to manufacture. Therefore, in combined military and economic terms, it was 100 times less effective a weapon than a bomber. Pointless!

Top Bottom