Pointless things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Meaningless flatulent job titles.

I recently received a letter from my pension company, signed by

'Head of Function'? 'Insurance Customer Delivery'? Does any of that actually mean anything to them? Because it means bugger all to me.

Only partially pointless. Quite handy when camping for a half decent cup of coffee. Instant is the work of the devil. :laugh:
That's what espresso pots are for

Cars. Awful things. Expensive, polluting, self-defeating, and with hugely destructive infrastructure requirements. Inhuman.
And people mainly use them to drive to work, where they work to pay off the car.

Ban them I say, and anyone who protests gets glorious promotion to salt mine engineering technician, 3rd class

stephec

Legendary Member
2 for 1. One packet has flour in and the other has empty air which the flour was originally sieved from. If you don't pre-sieve it your baking won't come out quite right. People spend silly money on breadmakers but where they actually go wrong is not getting pre-sieved flour.
Well I never knew that, I don't recall ever seeing that mentioned in either the breadmakers manual or any recipes.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Business process consultants.

Where I used to work, to add insult to injury, they were called “Thought Partners” FFS.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Packets of pancake mix, just add an egg, and milk...

So it's a packet of Plain flour, then :laugh:

Human Resource departments. Even more useless is HR departments renamed as "People Services", as has happened at my old employer. Golgafrinchans, the lot of them.
Ah yes, the B Ark, containing such individuals as telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives and management consultants.

What the honourable gentleman from 1980s action movies seems to forget is the part in the Guide that states
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy said:
The entire remaining population subsequently died from a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.

Prescient or what? :whistle:

This is what we like to call 360 degree blue sky synergising. By siloing all of the non-impactfull content in one paradigm shift we can really punch this puppy.

Top Bottom