Police case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What they won't do is send out a squad to search for the bike.

What they might do is, in the course of another investigation, see a fancy E-bike in the possession of someone who shouldn't be able to afford such a bike, and become curious.

I don't know if it's still a thing, but the police used to register bikes and stamp your postcode on the button bracket.

Morecambe police recovered a friend's bike before he even knew it had been stolen.
Reason one; a curious copper, investigating something else, thought that bike is a bit too fancy for that house.
Reason two; the bike had been registered and after a quick enquiry, said copper knew it didn't belong to that house.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

What they won't do is send out a squad to search for the bike.

What they might do is, in the course of another investigation, see a fancy E-bike in the possession of someone who shouldn't be able to afford such a bike, and become curious.

I don't know if it's still a thing, but the police used to register bikes and stamp your postcode on the button bracket.

Morecambe police recovered a friend's bike before he even knew it had been stolen.
Reason one; a curious copper, investigating something else, thought that bike is a bit too fancy for that house.
Reason two; the bike had been registered and after a quick enquiry, said copper knew it didn't belong to that house.
I got the serial number of my bike but would it help if it was pinched I doubt it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Attachments

• istockphoto-1137588586-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-1137588586-612x612.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This picture has been taken in one of the Eastern European countries. And that's the dog you don't want to mess with.

View attachment 632021

They'd take both in this country - worth a few bob those dogs, and a few sausages, the dog's your best mate.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
If the serial number is on a register that can be checked, it will help if the police happen to trip over the stolen bike during (eg.) a drugs raid... if it's just in your notebook, then it's not much use.
You can log it with Bike Register which apparently police forces use if they recover stolen bikes.

I think the police often do recover bikes but usually it's a number of bikes at the property of a thief.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
You can log it with Bike Register which apparently police forces use if they recover stolen bikes.

I think the police often do recover bikes but usually it's a number of bikes at the property of a thief.
They normally just leave em as storage is an issue and 99% of the time insurance has already paid out .

Cops are too busy drinking tea

OP
OP
B

Biker man

They'd take both in this country - worth a few bob those dogs, and a few sausages, the dog's your best mate.

Given up hope people just don't do there job nobody gives a monkeys dealing with one firm he said that the person was working from home I said ring her ,he she hasn't got a work phone what a way to run a railroad to quote someone.

Ripple

Veteran
That's why I said "you don't want to mess with that dog" - they kill people and that's not a joke. In Eastern Europe dogs were breed to be aggressive - they have to protect properties. When UK had a wave of dogs thefts during lockdown my country didn't even think about it. And what looks like a pure breed is actually a hybrid - pure breeds cost a fortune in my country while a hybrid dog is just a few quid. My family had a pitbull - looking dog and he was a f**** aggressive unpredictable monster. We never bothered to lock our car if the dog was inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom