Police case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Unfortunately crime is at such a level with these kind of items we all have to take a deal of responsibility ourselves. A cable lock is not going to provide sufficient protection against thieves who specifically target high value bikes like these. Any toerag worth his salt is going to be armed with a cable cutter.
A proper hardened steel lock is the bare minimum and maybe next time she should lock it in an area covered by CCTV.
We all live and learn.

PS. An £25 apple air tag concealed somewhere might be a good idea too

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
They could check car boot sales eBay ect they are paid to do a job of work.

Been watching too much Heartbeat?
I don't think you have any grasp of the amount of crime that is being investigated by a limited number of officers. This kind of stuff was low priority 20 years ago, I can only imagine just how far down the list of priorities it is now. That is the brutal reality.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I couldn't agree more

Maybe you don't but them expensive locks are heavy to carry around for a woman it was left by bank but people in the south go around like zombies say hello to them and they will call the police.

Cable lock though, might have well not bothered locking the bike. D-locks aren't that heavy, and making it as an excuse with her being a woman - come on, all the ladies at work use d-locks. Should have gone in the basket.

It's just a bike, there aren't enough Police to go round looking for 'dodgy' bikes on ebay. They are busy enough trying to catch real criminals, in between all the red tape they get.

She locked it with a crappy lock - course a £1k bike is going to get robbed. Tough lesson, but that's how it is these days.

Etern4l

I wonder if there are any real life success stories for this approach, or whether that's just a way to top up the overall loss by £25. I understand AirTags have no GPS, and require a functioning iPhone with BT connection enabled (if not FindMe enabled) in order to function.

Etern4l

If we want better services maybe we should be prepared to pay higher taxes?
Seriously? We just shook the magic tree and found £400 billion to spend on covid.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
My friends had a car puncture and pulled into a gateway to sort it out.
Wide two way road pavement etc.
A skank druggie crashed into the bonnet on a road bike and hit the floor.
Being farmers they dragged him in the hedge and ignored him.
He was completely off his head . I pulled up to see if everything was ok but the guy was in a bad way so called him an ambulance.
My friends were like f*** him :cursing:
Off he went in the ambulance with some angry ambulance people so I loaded up his bike gave my number to the cops and said he can get his bike back whenever.
Looking at his bike a was definitely not something he was dressed for or even knew how to ride so I started digging. ...
I took it to the cop shop after a couple of days and we determined it was most likely not his bike but due to there being over 34,000 logged stolen bikes on there computer it was not feasible to investigate it and they said after a few weeks if he doesn't claim it it's mine!!!!

I didn't bother going back for it and the cops did nothing to find out where he got it.. too busy.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Unfortunately crime is at such a level with these kind of items we all have to take a deal of responsibility ourselves. A cable lock is not going to provide sufficient protection against thieves who specifically target high value bikes like these. Any toerag worth his salt is going to be armed with a cable cutter.
A proper hardened steel lock is the bare minimum and maybe next time she should lock it in an area covered by CCTV.
We all live and learn.

It was opposite a bank and cash machine and people about .What is a apple air tag please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom