Polish immigrants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
rich p said:
Walker, it was a bit tongue in cheek prompted by my small experiences and the fact that I've fallen in love with Veronika in the Coop:blush:
:biggrin: So a sightseeing tour of the Co-op will not be in the itinary for your Brazilian friend????:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Am I the only person who thinks that having domestic servants is a bit Nineteenth Century?

I guess so, with the little one making so much mess around the place it would be impossible to keep on top of the housework without help as both me and my wife work.

Maz

Guru
Flying_Monkey said:
Am I the only person who thinks that having domestic servants is a bit Nineteenth Century?
i personally wouldnt have one, but i know people who do...both partners are working hence no time to do household tasks, cleaning/ironing etc.
Keeps 1 other person in employment too.

yenrod

domtyler said:
I guess so, with the little one making so much mess around the place it would be impossible to keep on top of the housework without help as both me and my wife work.

Yuh mean yuh a bunch of lazy buggers !

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Yuh mean yuh a bunch of lazy buggers !

Sussed! :smile:

Why should I spend my valuable free time washing, ironing, cleaning toilets, hoovering.... when I can hire someone else to come and do it all for me?

In actual fact, are you any good at DIY/gardening Yenners? :biggrin:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
snorri said:
:sad: So a sightseeing tour of the Co-op will not be in the itinary for your Brazilian friend????;)

She arrives Tuesday:tongue:

ps Don't tell Arch - she might think me shallow!

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
She arrives Tuesday:tongue:

ps Don't tell Arch - she might think me shallow!

It's not shallow to fancy someone, obviously. I just object to a tone that suggests that if someone isn't pretty, they are worth less.

Can I have your Brazilian friends email, I have a photo I want to send her...:sad:

domtyler said:
Why can't we have a wave of immigration from Brazil? :sad::tongue::tongue::tongue:

because (seriously) they are one of the highest 'returnees' from immigration. many are turned away when they get here. there was a story from a year or so back when a Brasilian netball team arrived for a tournament, half were refused entry and sent back because they couldn't speak english.

there seems to be a stigma attached to Brasilians entering the UK, maybe there was an influx during the dictatorship years and that has remained. They also had to apply for visas until recently... this changed when France dropped that requirement for the 1998 world cup. many Brasilians would get into the EU via France until the rest of the EU dropped the Visa requirements (i think they all have).

the best way to spot a Brasilian is to be with one... they can spot a countryperson from a mile off.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
laurence said:
the best way to spot a Brasilian is to be with one... they can spot a countryperson from a mile off.
That's because they don't walk, they samba... Used to work with several Brazilians... some of the funnest peeps I've ever met! :sad:

laurence said:

don't you mean the best way to spot a Brazilian is to be with one as they can spot a cuntryperson from a mile off....:sad:

Top Bottom