"POLITE" High Viz debate R4 Now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You beat me to it!
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/radio4-you-and-yours-about-to-discus-cycle-safety.129007/

It wasn't a terribly exciting discussion was it!

Kies

Anyone found a picture of the high viz jacket being discussed. Some people mistook it for a policemans. Might be worth a punt.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anyone found a picture of the high viz jacket being discussed. Some people mistook it for a policemans. Might be worth a punt.

polite-cycling-waistcoat-pop-image1.jpg

I also think Maz wears one...

Kookas

Über Member
polite-cycling-waistcoat-pop-image1.jpg

I also think Maz wears one...

How is that not illegal on the grounds of impersonation? It's obviously trying to imitate a police jacket.

If you want respect, there's nothing stopping you from getting a set-up that looks like a London paramedic bike, is there? No-one would want to risk knocking a medic off their bike, surely.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Saw a police officer on a bike this afternoon, he was wearing a large full high vis jacket with reflective bands and a hat with marking like one above, but less obviously taped on.

And he was getting very sensible overtakes from the traffic.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
How is that not illegal on the grounds of impersonation? It's obviously trying to imitate a police jacket.

it's no different to the signs saying 'polite notice, no parking'... has anybody ever been 'done' for trying to impersonate police office wearing one? not likely.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
It's not illegal on the grounds of impersonation because it says "Polite".. It could say "POLTIE" it doesn't matter. If that constitutes impersonation, I would be arresting women on Hen Nights every weekend in town!