"POLITE" High Viz debate R4 Now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
well yeah its pretty clear cut from the wording, and the wording is what your local bobby has to go off, its not up to them to interprete law they simply uphold it, the wording will prolly be changed soon as there are lots of arguments back and forth.
i just said in my opinion. if its not too clear in your own then feel free to wear one and test it against a bobby on the street. is it worth the hassle?
as for what vike says i agree it probably wouldn't get past the desk sergeant but there may be instances of it going that far.

I'm not arguing any case for wearing these vests and wouldn't wear one myself; not for fear of arrest but of looking like a prat.

I'm pointing out to you that not only do senior police officers take conflicting views on this, you also have a serving officer pointing out the futility of trying to enforce s.90.

GC

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I'm not arguing any case for wearing these vests and wouldn't wear one myself; not for fear of arrest but of looking like a prat.

I'm pointing out to you that not only do senior police officers take conflicting views on this, you also have a serving officer pointing out the futility of trying to enforce s.90.

GC
true, but as you point out, even police officers have different views on this. i won't even go into the tirade my old man came out with lol.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was mistaken for a police officer, by the police, simply because I helped them. Does this mean I'm guilty of impersonating a police officer?