Politics Threads on a Cycling Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
because it’s CYCLEChat not POLITICSchat....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Can’t disagree with that!!:laugh:

It just seems so divisive- passion, strongly opposing views and the overwhelming need for some people to be right all the time creates a melting pot where “healthy debates” turn into full blown arguments and rarely anything good comes out of it. :wacko:
You clearly weren’t around for the Campagnolo-ShimaNo wars then....

winjim

Smash the cistern
Can’t disagree with that!!:laugh:

It just seems so divisive- passion, strongly opposing views and the overwhelming need for some people to be right all the time creates a melting pot where “healthy debates” turn into full blown arguments and rarely anything good comes out of it. :wacko:
And would you like that to happen in the main forum, or would you like it quarantined off into a section which you can happily ignore? (Literally, you can turn it off so you can't even see it)

I'm convinced that's why it exists, it keeps the rest of the forum a nicer and happier place, any political disagreements can just get shunted off. Anyway, the forum now has subfora for all sorts of things. Pets, cookery, DIY and what have you. I think it's good, the only thing we really have in common is cycling so there's a diverse range of skills and experience on the forum. If I've got a question about anything there's usually someone on here with the ability to answer it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It gives an opportunity for those who can’t hack it on politics forms without getting their stupid opinions shot down by better-informed posters, to feel good about themselves.
Which sums up the majority of members on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom