Politics Threads on a Cycling Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
It’s a cafe section with in a cycling forum.

If you get a bunch of scaffolders in Starbucks then they sit there talking about women and football. It’s the same principle in the CC cafe.

If you want chat about cycling only then just go to the cycling sections then if the forum.
That’s me DEFINITELY told then! :laugh:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
It helps keep people engaged who have seen and discussed almost every cycling topic under the sun and want a break (sometimes quite a long break) from the subject, but are comfortable here.

Or put another way: a saddle is a nice place to sit and discuss other things.

BqTv3kd.jpg

Not sure about that saddle,
and those cranks only work after you’ve had a few

Anyway, the forum now has subfora for all sorts of things. Pets, cookery, DIY and what have you.
I await a subforum for pets in politics.

Ss5PtUi.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
And politics has its own forum it would seem, so those who wish to can debate and argue their supremely intelligent and superior points there can’t they?
Yes they can. And your point is caller?

Rocky

Hello decadence
And politics has its own forum it would seem, so those who wish to can debate and argue their supremely intelligent and superior points there can’t they?
I would hope that political discussion was open to all, not just the supremely intelligent. We've seen the mess when those with Oxford degrees are left in charge of the political agenda.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That is a hangover from the old politics section which is no longer active. News and Current Affairs is rather less combative.

In answer to your original question, people on here want to chat about all kinds of things and that includes what's in the news and what rot our politicians are talking. Therefore there is a section for it.

If you don't wish to see the News and Current Affairs section, open that forum and click on "ignore forum" at the top right of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom