Adopt a new Universal idiot driver sign

• Use the Clarkson 'Loser 'sign

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • use the village idiot sign

• Use other sign or none Please state

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

I think we need to adopt new universal sign or gesture to show idiot drivers that they have just done a dangerous or stupid act or manoever or used a mobile fone /makeup/map etc etc whilst driving.

Needs to be something powerful enough to make the recipient feel like a social outcast and realise they have been stupid/irresponsible. Its got to be really awful.

My vote was for the village idiot sign but another suggestion by Comedy Pilot of the Clarkson 'loser' sign is probably better .
Who is for adopting the Loser sign for bad motorists ?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
'Loser' sign all the way.....:biggrin:

:ohmy:

thomas

the tank engine
I've always adopted the one finger wave...and some "friendly advice" yelled polietly to the motorist.

Voted for the Clarkson...not sure how well it'll catch on though...and you might end up looking like an idiot but nevermind :ohmy:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It's not big and it's not clever but, if provoked sufficiently, I will use the 'Major Rawls'. Requires riding no hands, but it is for a very special kind of idiot.

In his own words - "This is for you"

dynohub

Regardless of if I'm on foot, cycling, or driving, I refrain from making signs, gesturing, shouting, flashing lights, hooting etc

The reason? Partly because I'm not stupid enough to think I'm capable of defending myself against everyone (and possible their passengers too), and there are some real nutters out there.

But mainly because doing things like making signs is likely to make someone who is either feeling stupid because they've done something daft, or doesn't care about my safety angry. Result - angry person in motor vehicle who is a risk to all and sundry.

How would you feel if as a result of making signs at a bad driver, they turned to hurl abuse and mowed down a pedestrian?

If I see or experience something truly dangerous, I would report the bugger, ideally with witnesses.

Arch

Married to Night Train
To take advantage of our natural superiority :ohmy: I think a wagged finger and stern frown. I don't want to make a bad driver feel insulted, I want them to feel ashamed. A loser sign, or a finger, might just seem like random abuse.

Some people, of course, have a better natural 'hard stare' than others.

(actually, I'm not sure anything will work, and agree, it's probably better to take a deep breath and let it go.)

galaxy1

I do the wagged finger thing as well .I agree with Arch ! It shows that they've done something foolish without being an insult..And it makes you feel this big.

I'm constantly wagging my finger,so many idiots so little time!

Top Bottom