(poll) temperature required to get your legs out?

Min temp for shorts? ( deg C )

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Knee warmers look like a good buy at the moment. For the couple of times that I've ever worn shorts on the bike (only been on one since oct) I loved the feeling. But I going to be damned sure I'm looking after my knees. I'd hate to have to stop.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Protect the knees it helps later in life

Where the hell were you 30 years ago? You far too late for me :boxing:It is good advice and believe me, that 30 years passes quickly.

I have just bought a set of motorcycle underwear from Aldi and it is superb for cycling. The best I have ever had.

I also wear arm warmers, which are a god send. I did 15km on the kickbike today and stayed super dry. It has been a lovely day in Denmark.

Steve

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
10 ish degrees for me as well, had running leggings over my shorts all week on the commute as that wind has been bitter.
Used to be an milkman and i would have shorts on if it was above 10 degrees at 2 am.

Nebulous

Guru
I headed out this morning in bibs with fingerless mitts before breakfast. The temperature got down to freezing at one point, with white frost at the side of the road. It was definitely too cold for comfort!

I have a cut-off around 6-7 degrees centigrade. Above that I'm fine, but under it my fingers and toes begin to tingle or grow numb, and it becomes too cold for comfort.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Been in shorts last few weeks- I don't tend to feel the cold- though if I'm not riding/ working I can be found year round surfing which isn't a warm sport at this time of year!

When in college a mate and I did a bet to wear shorts for a whole year which made them kinda tough.

Top Bottom