(poll) temperature required to get your legs out?

Min temp for shorts? ( deg C )

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been seeing cyclists in shorts all winter - I've no idea how they do that. But they definitely won't have seen my knees. If I'd been on the bike today my knees would have come out for the first time this year. I'd say 15 degrees was about my threshold temperature. No knee problems - I just struggle to get warm.

400bhp

Guru
Generally, if it is estimated to be above 13 ish for the morning and the evening commute.

My legs don't get too hot. I have a pair of Aldi running leggings that are thinner than pairs of Decathlon/Karrimor leggingss

Dunno...but this week I have commuted in shirt sleeves for the 1st time this year. Thin gilet on top on the way in. That'll do for me, for early March

Flattrackhero

Oooo not usually before April - don't like to get cold knees if I can help it but had my shorts on a couple of weeks ago when we had the warm spell - back in leggings at the moment

Steve H

Large Member
Will also depend on level of wind chill, but on a calm day, 10ish degrees is a good marker for me. If its breezy, I will probably take some knee warmers along.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
Dont own any tights so shorts all the way for me, do wear a good baselayer top, decent gloves and neoprene overshoes when it gets below 10

Its been +10 deg in the peak but its usually been 6-7deg or colder and windy in the morning and I prefer the pads in my biblongs so I'm still wearing them; 13-15deg must be my wuus factor this year, either that I'm waiting for a consistent 10deg :blush: The closest I have got to shorts is bib 3/4's

VamP

Banned
Depends on activity. Commuting or training I will keep longs on into April. Racing....

laughin.jpg

What makes me laugh is come Feb suddenly all these new cyclists appear with shiny new team logo kit on and shiny bikes and its like 5 degrees and they are wearing short sleeves and shorts and they look half frozen to death.Personally I wouldnt get my milk bottles out below 14/15 degrees.

Top Bottom