Wildlife out to get me👻

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

I’ve had deers jumping over me, birds swooping down at me. Foxes staring from the bushes in the darkness, None of this really bothers me, in fact I enjoy it. But the dreaded squirrel scares the life out of me. I’m sure they wait till I’m right beside them before they strike that mid air pose 👻

Attachments

• IMG_0387.gif
    IMG_0387.gif
    814.2 KB · Views: 6

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Time of year. Busy stockpiling and collecting bits of broken cyclists to bury as they have just caused them to crash. One good cyclist could keep them going all winter.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I remember once whilst cycling with my partner, a squirrel dashed across the road. Its going to get hit by my partners bike. Nope, somehow it managed to dart between the wheels. wtf? Lucky fecker.

they can be the worst critters to have to deal with as you never know, and they don't know where the hell they are going.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Had a stag with a impressive set of antlers step out onto the road in front of me :ohmy: we stared at each other for what seemed an age before he turned and trotted off. Approaching vehicles/cycles seem to suddenly galvanise an animal into action, bit like Australia where kangaroo's have all year to cross the road but only do when a freight lorry excites their brain to say....ooh! nows the time to cross! :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I remember once whilst cycling with my partner, a squirrel dashed across the road. Its going to get hit by my partners bike. Nope, somehow it managed to dart between the wheels. wtf? Lucky fecker.

they can be the worst critters to have to deal with as you never know, and they don't know where the hell they are going.

Had a badger do that,it's surprising how high you can bunny hop when you have to

Alex321

Veteran

Squirrels are fast and agile, they usually seem to manage to dodge bikes. The only animal I have ever hit on the bike was a rabbit that shot out from the verge just as I got there (in the dark).

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I’ve had deers jumping over me, birds swooping down at me. Foxes staring from the bushes in the darkness, None of this really bothers me, in fact I enjoy it. But the dreaded squirrel scares the life out of me. I’m sure they wait till I’m right beside them before they strike that mid air pose 👻

Must be after your nuts

Sharky

Guru
Ped E Strians are the worst. Had a few just step out in front of me when I was just a metre away. Luckily a loud shout and they froze in their tracks and no harm done.

I've never hit a squirrel but I've had a squirrel hit me. After the usual go/don't go dillemma, it launched itself right at my front wheel and bounced off the spokes.

Top Bottom