Shaving legs re-visit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
The group I ride with are fairly strong riders and shave their legs all summer long.
They never put a number on their back and about one of them gets a massage now and again. I’m fed up of doing it myself personally. It itches and people take the urine at work etc. I think I’ll stop this practice and sacrifice 1 watt aero advantage. Doing it just to look pro when you won’t race is a bit sad really.
What do you think?

classic33

Leg End Member
I always thought it was to make treating injuries, cuts, roadrash etc, easier. Not the person more aerodynamic.
Any gain, made by shaving the legs, being more than cancelled out the same legs moving up and down.

Edited to add
You could just keep your trousers on at work. Then no-one will know.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Many years ago I shaved my legs, I didn't like it at first as my legs felt wet, but I found out later it was that they had become more sensitive to the touch.....and then the stubble came …... :sad:
Anyway I persevered and once my legs had a nice tan I really liked the look so just carried on and now I shave from the neck down as I like the smooth look.:blush:
Oh and you use less suntan cream too

Gwylan

Veteran
Remain suspicious of men who epilate.
Vague logic about cuts and grazes.
Aerodynamic bit optimistic. Take 100 grammes off your bike might be better
But if you are any good you shouldn't fall off.

vickster

Legendary Member
Remain suspicious of men who epilate.
Vague logic about cuts and grazes.
Aerodynamic bit optimistic. Take 100 grammes off your bike might be better
But if you are any good you shouldn't fall off.
Pros seem to come off quite often, they’re generally better cyclists than the average rider.

why suspicious of men who epilate, frankly I’d be glad if some of the hairy backed gorillas who frequent my gym did…just to to save my eyes :laugh:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What do you think?
Really not into caring what complete strangers do with their body hair, nobody has ever cared that I have very little

Top Bottom