Shaving legs re-visit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I did when I was racing (semi-)seriously. Older riders of my acquaintance tend to take it more seriously. Road-rash is easier to deal with if there isn't hair all over the place. Plus it's part of the mystique, a bit like shaving body-hair if you're a body-builder.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd need to grow some leg hair so I could shave it off! :laugh:

My legs 'shaved' themselves! I don't know if was due to old age, illness, medication, or genetics, but I looked down one day and they were practically bald.

View attachment 661987

:whistle:

The group I ride with are fairly strong riders and shave their legs all summer long.
They never put a number on their back and about one of them gets a massage now and again. I’m fed up of doing it myself personally. It itches and people take the urine at work etc. I think I’ll stop this practice and sacrifice 1 watt aero advantage. Doing it just to look pro when you won’t race is a bit sad really.
What do you think?

I don't shave my legs but its supposed to be 1 w which probably shows on my results my best results have come when I've been wearing UV leg skins or knee skins. A beard is ony supposed to cost you 1w hence Brad Wiggins kept his for most TTs but when he was looking for that very marginal gain for the hour record he did.

https://velo.outsideonline.com/news/news-wind-tunnel-data-shows-shaved-legs-faster/

My reason for not shaving is that post chemo I've got poor circulation and I need every bit of heat to my lower legs/ feet.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
So I’m not the odd one out. However I’m getting sick and tired of it. It reminds me of all these 50 something year old weekend warriors you end up been around in the cycling social circles. Granted some are very fit but we are just MAMIL’s at the end of the day. Maybe I just need a break from it all.

Ah so peer pressure to conform to the weird fetish.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Known in other circles as "fashion".

- it's been 'fashion' for a hell of a long time then. Still shave mine at 75. Looks and feels better. Only once shorts-wearing time comes around. I once tried wearing thin summer tights before leg shaving started for the summer, only to see hairs finding their way through the fabric - hairy tights are not a good look.

Top Bottom