Wildlife out to get me👻

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Watch out the squirrels don’t mug you for your bike

anding-on-a-bicycle-with-load-of-eggs-geert-weggen.jpg

Had a stag with a impressive set of antlers step out onto the road in front of me :ohmy: we stared at each other for what seemed an age before he turned and trotted off. Approaching vehicles/cycles seem to suddenly galvanise an animal into action, bit like Australia where kangaroo's have all year to cross the road but only do when a freight lorry excites their brain to say....ooh! nows the time to cross! :laugh:

I had an impressive black stag coming charging through the forest towards me when I on a fast but narrow track. There's no way I could have stopped without loosing control. He jumped across the track just in front of my nose. I was on his ground though. A week later I was at the head of a road group on a busy rural road when a deer suddenly jumped the tall hedge to my left, flew across in front of and above me, before running across the road. I had to duck hard to avoid them. Phew I thought, I would have took everyone down and it would have been nasty. But what I didn't realise they were the head of the pack and another had clattered into my taller mate behind, breaking his collarbone!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I was being tailgated on the A420 by a convoy of travellers when a pigeon decided to fly out of the hedge and went under the back wheel. A 20mm tyre slices a pigeon quite effectively, and there were feathers and blood all over the frame.

As for the travellers, I escaped into a lay-by shortly afterwards to avoid a similar fate.

Top Bottom