Polocini Winter Warmer - 30th Oct 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polocini

Veteran

ukbikes

I'll be doing this, probably as my last sportive of the year. I'll also be adding it to my Cheshire Sportive page shortly. Are you doing the CW125 Sportive this weekend?

OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Hi, I headed out to look for arrows this weekend as I'd had an event on Friday and wanted to triple check the route. I'd have done the Seashell Trust ride before the CW one. Were there many on the CW? I saw a few pink arrows out but many riders.

AL

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unfortunately not. Not going on the roads just yet - trees and rocks are safer. Al will spoil you with grub, so make sure you turn up early and stop off at the feed. There will be a tasty meal afterwards also.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hmmm....could be up for this. You riding to the start @I like Skol ?
Ah, Nick. Why I didn't think of including you in the maybe's I don't know, I apologise.

Not decided how to get there yet. Would be silly to take up a parking spot when all the sportive warriors will be fighting over those. I could park up in the secure car park at work nr Stepping Hill and cycle the 4 miles, or just ride the full 14 miles from home. I suppose the weather will dictate the final solution but I am not averse to just riding from home if it is dry. You could drive down to my place and ride from here or meet me in H/G if you fancy it.

Would be good to have a riding partner of known ability :okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ah, Nick. Why I didn't think of including you in the maybe's I don't know, I apologise.

Not decided how to get there yet. Would be silly to take up a parking spot when all the sportive warriors will be fighting over those. I could park up in the secure car park at work nr Stepping Hill and cycle the 4 miles, or just ride the full 14 miles from home. I suppose the weather will dictate the final solution but I am not averse to just riding from home if it is dry. You could drive down to my place and ride from here or meet me in H/G if you fancy it.

Would be good to have a riding partner of known ability :okay:

By "known ability" I presume you mean you know I'm slower than you?

I need to sort a few things out but providing nothing gets in the way I'll sign up in a few days. If weather is clement I'll cycle there and back (it's only 10 easyish miles there). If it's a bit crap I'll drive. If it's proper crap I'll DNS cos I'm weak and pathetic

Edit: my mate Wayne is signing up for this too. We'll both cycle there and back.

Last edited:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Hmmm.. may have to see if I can push another pass for this one......doubtful, but you never know.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
All the sudden interest in this ride! You guys do know there isn't any intention to end up in the pub after this ride don't you?

However, if we do is the good Lady Kestevan going to scrape us all up at last orders and deliver us home?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
All the sudden interest in this ride! You guys do know there isn't any intention to end up in the pub after this ride don't you?

However, if we do is the good Lady Kestevan going to scrape us all up at last orders and deliver us home?
I thought you were banned from post-ride drinkies after having to do an ET at the end of a Skol-free session a year or two back ...? :whistle:

Top Bottom