Polocini Winter Warmer - 30th Oct 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm glad that you had a good ride - sounds like a great day out!

I saw similar mud/slurry-induced crashes several times on the Manchester 100 which takes place on those roads every year. I saw a whole group go down ahead of me once, and I did the fishtailing thing myself avoiding them. One unfortunate rider broke a hip (or was it his pelvis?).

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Got home sorted the minging kit out. The bike will have to wait till tomorrow. Mrs has fed me, and now sat in the recliner with a cat on my legs. Damn Moggy doesn't understand what those legs have been through today.
Thanks to Kestevan, Mrs Kestevan and friend Huw for providing some excellent company today. And certainly no-one held me up today, although it was faster than I'm accustomed to, due to the minimal lumpy bits.
Despite the drizzle and mud, I had a great day.
Thanks to Polocini for excellent organisation and great grub.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Mrs Kes did her usual trick of riding slowly and complaining of being sore until the hills started... then setting about trying to break everyone in the last 10 miles...probably smelled the delicious curry.
I got a double helping :mrpig:

I was just discussing the chances of getting a second portion when the guy next to me pushed his dish away and offered it to me. It was too spicy for him, it didn't hang around for long.....

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Curry was superb especially with the extra fresh sliced chillies I managed to scrounge off Claire.

They had loads left, you should have ridden more slowly and you could have had thirds :smile:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Is it only me that has cleaned a bike then? Slackers :tongue:

Enjoyable ride. Snacks at halfway very moorish, particularly the sausage rolls. Alderley Edge at 47 ish and the lumps which followed, reminded me I had been cycling faster than usual. The Woodford centre was a welcome sight for my legs. Curry at the end very tasty.
Bike took ages to clean.^_^
Big thanks to the organiser. :okay:

[Cough] :laugh:

I got a double helping :mrpig:

I was just discussing the chances of getting a second portion when the guy next to me pushed his dish away and offered it to me. It was too spicy for him, it didn't hang around for long.....

I can vouch for that :laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow, much better than we received today. Typical....

You're such a Half Empty kind of guy. The weather yesterday was good. 12 degrees, not a breath of wind. OK it was overcast and a bit drizzly at the start but if you'd offered me that for Oct 30 I would have taken your hand off.

Some people are never happy :becool:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Ah but you've only yourself to blame @nickyboy after the phenomenal weather you laid on for the Scarborough ride we all had completely unrealistic expectations of subtropical sunshine and a permanent tail wind....

And it's no good saying it's not your fault it was drizzling, as I distinctly remember you taking credit for the sunshine on that earlier outing.....

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ah but you've only yourself to blame @nickyboy after the phenomenal weather you laid on for the Scarborough ride we all had completely unrealistic expectations of subtropical sunshine and a permanent tail wind....

And it's no good saying it's not your fault it was drizzling, as I distinctly remember you taking credit for the sunshine on that earlier outing.....

You're absolutely right that the organiser takes credit/responsibility for the ride's weather. I organised an absolute stunner when we went to Scarborough

If you look upthread it was @I like Skol who got this one going. If you weren't happy with the drizzle, take it up with him :boxing:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Ahhhh my mistake apologies Nick.

In fact that explains everything. @I like Skol being a Manc, a constant background drizzle whilst being sprayed with Not-exactly-mud is probably his idea of perfect.....

;-)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ahhhh my mistake apologies Nick.

In fact that explains everything. @I like Skol being a Manc, a constant background drizzle whilst being sprayed with Not-exactly-mud is probably his idea of perfect.....

;-)
You have never been on one of my previous New Years day rides have you? There is always a variety of weather, sometimes cold, sometimes wet and sometimes windy. If we are lucky we get all three :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Thanks for all the nice comments. There was actually only one rider on the event who went down and he just had a few bruises. The other rider down was pirating the event. I spoke with him in the event car park and he was fine.

It has been quite amusing to us that everyone was going on about the feed station. It was hastily erected at the side of the road because of the route change not letting us pass the village hall we had booked. We didn't have anything different than usual yet it was mentioned over and over at the finish!!!!

It was also good to see hop along Kestevan back at our events!!!!!

Cheers
AL

Top Bottom