Porche and the £25 Congestion Charge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
I thought Boris would agree to scrap this charge but can only assume that he agreed to pay the legal costs as he knew he could not win in Court.

LLB

Bad Company said:
I thought Boris would agree to scrap this charge but can only assume that he agreed to pay the legal costs as he knew he could not win in Court.

Yet another example of that knob Red Ken wasting tax payers hard earned :blush:

LLB

tdr1nka said:
I love LLB's arguments, sometimes as short and gossamer thin as the life of the mayfly. :blush:

But they live for years before hatching :blush:

jonesy

Guru
User said:
Not really. Porsche snuck a quick writ in, despite knowing that Boris has said he was going to reverse Ken's decision. In judicial review, 'costs follow'.

A sneaky move on Porsche's part, rather than any fault of Boris.

Which has also helped them to claim the 'credit' for it, as if it were somehow an admirable thing that commercial interests should prevail over elected government...;)

asterix

Comrade Member
Another sign that Boris Johnson can't hack it.. When he got elected I suspect that David Cameron thought he'd got shot of a liability from his opposition team. Now he's got one running London:biggrin:

jonesy

Guru
asterix said:
Another sign that Boris Johnson can't hack it.. When he got elected I suspect that David Cameron thought he'd got shot of a liability from his opposition team. Now he's got one running London:biggrin:

I'm unclear how this reflects badly on Boris. Although I don't agree with his decision, he was only doing what he said he'd do in his manifesto. How does that show he couldn't hack it?

Top Bottom