Porche and the £25 Congestion Charge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

mickle said:
Good lad? I'm 46 FFS.
Waist or inside leg ? ;)

CotterPin

asterix said:
Another sign that Boris Johnson can't hack it.. When he got elected I suspect that David Cameron thought he'd got shot of a liability from his opposition team. Now he's got one running London:biggrin:

mjones said:
I'm unclear how this reflects badly on Boris. Although I don't agree with his decision, he was only doing what he said he'd do in his manifesto. How does that show he couldn't hack it?

Answering for Asterix and his response may be different but I would suggest that Johnson got himself elected on the strength of overturning some of Livingstone's unpopular decisions. However Livingstone was willing to make those decisions because he realised they needed to be taken.

We need to reduce cars on our streets in London and reduce pollution. He was taking those actions to make these happens.

As far as I can see, Johnson has no plans to do anything that really needs to be done to make London better. He just wants to be loved which means he will make no genuinely difficult decisions during his mayoralty. Therefore we have four years of nothing meaningful happening in the capital. xx(

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. The powerhouse of change is TfL, which employs fearsomely bright young people to bring about (dread phrase) modal shift. That will go on, because Johnson is too thick to work out what's happening.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
FFS - Boris had a manifesto and the people voted for him and it. Now he is doing what he said was going to do in that manifesto. That is democracy.

spindrift

Boris has previously praised porsche. Now £400,000 of London taxpayers' money has been handed over to a luxury car company along with a decision that will be a major boost to the company and increase pollution and congestion in the capital.

The man's is surrounded with the stench of sleaze and corruption.

beancounter

spindrift said:
Boris has previously praised porsche. Now £400,000 of London taxpayers' money has been handed over to a luxury car company along with a decision that will be a major boost to the company and increase pollution and congestion in the capital.

Didn't Porsche say they were giving the money to charity?

bc

spindrift

Didn't Porsche say they were giving the money to charity?

Tax dodge, donations are deductable. besides, it was probably allocated anyway, be interesting to see if there's a net increase to their donations...

Plus, of course, there's the economic benefit to Porsche by Boris taking a regressive step in a city that led Europe on congestion and pollution controls.

LLB

spindrift said:

And Terminal 5 at Heathrow

spindrift

Plus, corporation tax paid by Porsche= 25%

25% of £400k = £100,000.

Vote Boris, a mayor who places the council tax paid by nearly-blind pensioners who fought and died in three world wars in the pockets of big business.

I haven't been so sickened since the last time.

Top Bottom