Porshe Taycan electric anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
In Majorca on Friday I watched a bit of a cycle race. There was a 'team' of 5 brand new Porshe Taycan electric cars with the race.
I am not really into cars but these really looked the business. Obviously very quiet but had no problem accelerating.
By coincidence, while at the dentist this morning I picked up a car magazine dated July '19 which featured that very car. Guide price £120K and already deposits paid on 60,000 of them:eek:......there are more rich people than I realised.
Own up.....who has one?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I expect that are a similar price and performance to a top of the range Tesla.
electric cars can be very fast when they want to be.

In Majorca on Friday I watched a bit of a cycle race. There was a 'team' of 5 brand new Porshe Taycan electric cars with the race.
I am not really into cars but these really looked the business. Obviously very quiet but had no problem accelerating.
By coincidence, while at the dentist this morning I picked up a car magazine dated July '19 which featured that very car. Guide price £120K and already deposits paid on 60,000 of them:eek:......there are more rich people than I realised.
Own up.....who has one?
I am thinking of buying a 13 year old Cayman for £9k so not in their league or quite frankly their lofty environmental standards.

D

Deleted member 26715

Going up the M1 on Saturday saw a German registered Tesla so they obviously don't suffer from range anxiety

0-62 in 2.8 seconds apparently.
... at which point your battery is flat :blink:

D

Deleted member 26715

Interesting a friend was lent a Tesla 3 (I think) for a weekend, his wife didn't like it, she felt sick everytime they went out for a ride in it, we just joked it was his driving but recently a colleagues husband has just got an Jaguar I-Pace as his company car. I was relatting the sick story to her when she said that she was suffering the same in the I-Pace, a slight nausea each time she rode in it, wonder if it's the magnetic fields or just the change in vibrations, sound of an electric vehicle.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do they make an electric Corsa for £9K if they did I reckon there would be a queue around the block

Smudge

Veteran
Performance cars just dont do it for me. When i've had pokey motors, you realise they're pointless on the congested roads of uk.
Although i'd like to try this leccy Porsche on a trackday.

D

Deleted member 26715

Performance cars just dont do it for me. When i've had pokey motors, you realise they're pointless on the congested roads of uk.
Although i'd like to try this leccy Porsche on a trackday.
Oh No, you're admitting to getting old :laugh::laugh::laugh: along with the fact that roads are just so busy these days,

Top Bottom