Portable/mini colour tv's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob S

Don't get too in love with them....they won't work once the digital switchover starts. No more watching the Grand Prix whilst at the beach for me next year :tongue:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..true...I hadn't thought of that...when is the digital thing happening?

I have seen digital handheld tv's but they are pricey....

...my nephew has an ipod with dvd capability...but he cant drive it...and if he cant drive it I'll have no hope...it's also fairly heavy for it's size.

Rob S

Bigtallfatbloke said:
..true...I hadn't thought of that...when is the digital thing happening?

I have seen digital handheld tv's but they are pricey....

...my nephew has an ipod with dvd capability...but he cant drive it...and if he cant drive it I'll have no hope...it's also fairly heavy for it's size.

For the southwest and Scotland I believe it is next year...other regions to follow.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

yep...2011...for £30 I'll take a risk...then ditch it in 2011 and get a digital...

Hi Maggot,

Which one do you think looks best mate? :tongue:

Rob S

Ooh it's 2009 is it? Well for £30 then it might be worth it but I still think you shouldn't fall in love with it too much because I verymuch doubt a digital version will be quite as portable as analogue models.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

....oh I dunno.. I have yet to hear anything on UK radio worth listening to (I refer to music) and I tend to lose interest in books pretty fast..I like a good late film as well.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well I can understand German ok...

...the thing with these cheapo jobbies is that they only work on the pal system so they will be useless in say America. Not sure if they work in Europe either anyway...from what i can tell they aonly work in the UK...but for £40...?

I think I am going to get the TV 970 as it has a four hour battery life instead of just three hours on the SY-20...although I prefer the horizontel layour of the SY 20 and the yellow colour....but I'll go with practicality...4 hours is best....also it runs off the same batteries as my cycle lights so I can iterchange them....I can see myself now cycling back from the pub in the dark shioning a TV at oncoming traffic!

Top Bottom