Portable MP3 woe!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Help!
My MP3 player (4gb, Goodmans cheapie) is playing silly buggers. The display is showing various albums but they don't show up when I plug it in to the PC. Hence I can't delete them. I'm assuming that the player's software is corrupted and needs a reinstall. However, silly old me has lost the cd that came with the player and I'm damned if I can find the software online....

Keith Oates

Janner
Another purchase ahead I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
Hmm...have a look on Goodmans website and see if they have downloadable versions of the installation CD.
Worth a try.

Do you know anyone else who has the same MP3 player?

Unless there's something on the player you've deleted off the pc then it'll probably be quicker and no doubt cheaper now to buy a new one Chuffy. If you can get another identical player then you've got a backup player and the cd again.

Is there a reset button on the player? A tiny little pin sized hole you shove a paper clip in? Normally when mine plays silly beggars it needs a reset, there's no actual way of re-loading it's little operating system.

Depending on how it got its knickers in a twist you might need to reset it alone or reset it attached to the computer.

redjedi

Über Member
Go and buy the same one from a large chain (eg Argos, Dixons) take it home, copy the software, then carefully re-package it and take it back within a couple of days, and get your money back. (make sure it looks as good as new when you return it)

Sorted.

gbb

Legendary Member
Anyone with a duff USB mp3 player in the drawer..heads up.

You can use them as a memory stick. Ive had 2 cheapies that stopped playing...but plug them in and you can still use them for data storage / transfer.

Does it have a removable memory card? I had a similar issue until I realised that the PC could point to either the MP3 player's internal memory, or the removable memory card.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I used to have:
moby
Palm handheld
mp3 player

Now I just use phone as phone and mp3 player*, and it has (affordable) net access thru' t-mobile, so can do calendar, email etc thru' google, so no longer use the palm.

with regard to the mp3 player, it's got 400+ songs on a removable card, and draggin' and droppin' the tunes couldn't be simpler! Also download the odd podcast and bung that on there too.

Top Bottom