Porto Pollenca (Majorca) anyone been recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My cousin has an apartment there, which they haven't been able to visit for almost a year, and are not sure when they will get there next. They normally spend spring and autumn 2 X 10 weeks there.

She has said I can stay there anytime I want when they or their kids are not using it, but I haven't taken them up on it yet. Might reconsider when things get more back to normal. Garden access so bike storage is no problem.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I watched The Night Manager recently and was thinking how lovely the Mediterranean location shots looked. Apparently, filmed in Porto Pollenca...

Movie Hiker said:
The location was filmed at Lord Lupton's Holiday estate La Fortaleza, a 17th century fortress built in the 1600's and set in the beautiful town of Port de Pollença in the northern peninsula of Mallorca (Majorca) in the Balearic Islands, Spain.

While the estate is a private estate and is not available for rent to the general public, the town is an excellent place to visit with the fortress visible from the town and with views from certain hotels in the area.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My cousin has an apartment there, which they haven't been able to visit for almost a year, and are not sure when they will get there next. They normally spend spring and autumn 2 X 10 weeks there.

She has said I can stay there anytime I want when they or their kids are not using it, but I haven't taken them up on it yet. Might reconsider when things get more back to normal. Garden access so bike storage is no problem.
Any idea where the apartment is ??

Eziemnaik

Über Member
If anyone is ever back to Mallorca I thoroughly recommend a ride to Betlem and Sant Petre south of Alcudia and Picafort. Great, quiet beaches, beautiful road leading to settlements, water that's swimmible for 10months of the year and there are a few gravelish/xc tracks once the road ends. It is a different Mallorca

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If anyone is ever back to Mallorca I thoroughly recommend a ride to Betlem and Sant Petre south of Alcudia and Picafort. Great, quiet beaches, beautiful road leading to settlements, water that's swimmible for 10months of the year and there are a few gravelish/xc tracks once the road ends. It is a different Mallorca
Did most of that 2 years ago.
The road from Alcudia to Can Picafort was really boring though........nothing to see but trees and cars :sad:.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
True, but once you turn towards Sant Petre it is a great ride. As you say, the road leading to it is not great, and rather busy as well

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Echo above, Porto Pollenca is lovely and the ride out to the lighthouse, although short, has plenty of climbing and is beautiful. Soller would also be a good base, as right on the Puig Major and close to Sa Colabra climbs, but there arent any flat route options coming out of Soller, from Pollenca you do have the options of south to less hilly routes or head up towards Puig Sa Colabra.

I've also cycled out from Andratz / Peguara end of the island (as my mate has a place there, which is also very pleasant and varied. Puig Major is within scope from there but it was a 100 mile day, the South West end of the the mountains are very pleasant Estellencs, Puigpugyent etc

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Behind the Villa Concha apartments and the Guardia Civil base. Very handy for Tollo's.
aaahhh Tollo's :rolleyes:
TBH the twice I went the service was so slow.......but the beer was nice.
I was going to have coffee and cake but the lady next to me had beer and it looked so good I changed my mind.

aaahhh Tollo's :rolleyes:
TBH the twice I went the service was so slow.......but the beer was nice.
I was going to have coffee and cake but the lady next to me had beer and it looked so good I changed my mind.

I've been going there, on and off, for over 30 years, well before it was a well known stop for cyclists, and the cafe of choice of Bradley Wiggins. I think I preferred it then, much easier to get a table.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Behind the Villa Concha apartments and the Guardia Civil base. Very handy for Tollo's.
Ha, we stayed at the Hoposa hotel which I think are all linked to the villa concha apts. It has a bike hire shop in / connected to the hotel that does mainly Bianchis.

Top Bottom