Portugal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
Hi,
Early stages of planning North to South (or visa versa) Portugal. We dont want an organised tour company and quite happy to DIY, carrying minimum amount of luggage on bike and staying b and b. Some of us have bike boxes and others would need to hire. So I am after advice of the logistics of storing a bike box somewhere, riding and returning to the start by public transport with the bike, or hiring bikes with one way drop off or returning with bike to start on public transport.
Thanks in advance.

Sallar55

Veteran
Look for a hotel for the first and last night, send an email about luggage storage for a bike box. Most time they will be fine about leaving bike boxes until you return.

avsd

Guru
Look up the N2 Route e.g Cycling N2 Portugal

There is an official route card and website but I can't find it

I cycled part of the route from Chavez to Coimbra and then onto Porto. We used cardboard bikebox for the outward trip and I we picked up some new boxes in Porto from a cycle shop.

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Portugal has always been one of those countries I think we're I to visit I'd want to move there permanently. It us currently on my what to do when I retire list as a contender.

Top Bottom