Possibly a scam looking like Paypal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have received an e-mail that "looks like" it is from Paypal. It confirms that I have paid $99 USD for a "solid gold hearts, hugs and kisses Bracelet".

I certainly have not ordered such an item.

It then says "If you have not authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund".

I strongly suspect that in clicking the Dispute Transaction link, something sinister will happen. I have purchased items of low cost on E-bay, but first you get an invoice, and then you go through logging in to "pay". Has anyone else received something similar? It says it is from service(at)paypal-us.com.

domtyler

Über Member
Speicher said:
I have received an e-mail that "looks like" it is from Paypal. It confirms that I have paid $99 USD for a "solid gold hearts, hugs and kisses Bracelet".

I certainly have not ordered such an item.

It then says "If you have not authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund".

I strongly suspect that in clicking the Dispute Transaction link, something sinister will happen. I have purchased items of low cost on E-bay, but first you get an invoice, and then you go through logging in to "pay". Has anyone else received something similar? It says it is from service(at)paypal-us.com.

I would just delete the email Speicher. Then log into your eBay account in a separate browser window and check your account out in My eBay just to settle your mind.

DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS IN THE EMAIL. ;)

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I thought it looked a bit suspicious, they rely on people being busy, and just clicking the link. I have deleted the e-mail, and checked my account at e-bay, which looks fine. Thank you for your advice, Dom.

Top Bottom