Possibly Olympic's first mishap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Was working today at the women's Olympic football matches at Hampden Park, in Glasgow.
Somebody somewhere (no doubt getting paid a lot of money) showed on the big screen the wrong Korean flag, south instead of north I think, causing a bit of a diplomatic accident.
The Korean team refused to go on the pitch before an official apology was issued.
The game was delayed for about 1 hour.
We cannae get a thing right! :cry:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
just seen on BBC News

Noodley

Anyway, maybe he was a football fan and didn't want to put us through another women's football match :boxing:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Was listening about this on Radio 5 Live just after the ladies foootball

Fantastic :laugh:

Im sure it's happened before not long back with the Koreans ?

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Aye, the bloke that does the boards at football matches, some of the top earners in the Uk them...:laugh:
Do you think that bloke is the person that decides what to screen? I think it's somebody higher up.
BTW, the police presence is extravagant, IMO, what a waste of public money when more G4S or similar would have been sufficient.

soulful dog

Veteran
Ouch, that's got to have been hugely insulting for them!

That'll be us in North Korea's bad books now. :eek:

Edit: What sort of crowd was there today Pat? I briefly considered going to watch the France v USA game, but after hearing they'd only sold around 6000 tickets and the other 30,000+ had been handed out free to schools and youth groups, I decided not to bother!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Was listening about this on Radio 5 Live just after the ladies foootball

Fantastic :laugh:

Im sure it's happened before not long back with the Koreans ?

Didn't a spoof version of their anthem get played by mistake?

As for our mistake.... :banghead: Time was, I would have said the British would never get such a thing wrong. Sadly, now, I'm not surprised.

Actually, the people they ought to get to run this stuff are the people who do royal protocol and logistics. They are the creme de la creme,

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Yeah yeah, but CC was represented right on the front line by our own Pat"5mph".:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Ahem, I was only selling chocolate at the Cadburry kiosk :blush:

I think for today we will refer to Hampden Park as a British football stadium.:biggrin:

Yes, I think this is a brilliant way of assessing the situation! :thumbsup:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Didn't a spoof version of their anthem get played by mistake?

As for our mistake.... :banghead: Time was, I would have said the British would never get such a thing wrong. Sadly, now, I'm not surprised.

Actually, the people they ought to get to run this stuff are the people who do royal protocol and logistics. They are the creme de la creme,
Wasn't that Kazakhstan? In any case, they'll probably be the next diplomatic incident....

Top Bottom