Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreaJ

Veteran
It’s Orla’s first birthday today.
B23EE20C-21BB-4AF2-AF24-E436AC842BBE.jpeg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It’s Orla’s first birthday today. View attachment 526351
Awww. What did she get in her presents? :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
Thomas has had a very busy day!
Supervising as Mr M and I sanded and painted the gate and some wooden planters, then had a snooze in the sun (so die we) :ohmy:
Feeling a bit hot so took refuge in the Wendy house (opened especially for His Highness).
Polished off some haddock and looking very satisfied with himself :wub:

carlosfandangus

Über Member
My new pet, just for the night, found in the park in full sun, taken home for a drink and meal, I normally take in youngsters before they hibernate for winter, feed them up etc until release in spring, unusual to see one at this time of day, let go just after Midnight, scurried off to find another meal,

SteveF

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
After posting a pic in another thread of my last dog I thought I’d post a few of her in here
She was a Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff) called Rosie
She was a big dollop of a dog, absolutely beautiful and I do miss her.

I was taking pics of my bike and she photobombed

when she was young

And just for good measure her our Staffie Daisy
Completely different to Rosie in every way possible!

Drago

Legendary Member
When I first got the dog I had 4 cats - all of them girls, all of them rescue cats. I know, I love cats and I'm a sucker for a sob story.

Anyway, that means Lemmy was raised from a puppy by cats, who groomed him, taught him the ways of the world, and mothered him severely. As a result he thinks he's a cat and climbs onto the windowsill.

The cat pictured is Lois, named after Lois Griffin. She's descended from a brown marbled Bengal. She's a bit of a bitsa, but there's enough Bengal in her that she still has a spotted tummy like a leopard and she thinks she's a dog. When we walk Lemmy she follows close behind and is famous throughout the village as the cat who goes for a walk with the dog.

When I first got the dog I had 4 cats - all of them girls, all of them rescue cats. I know, I love cats and I'm a sucker for a sob story.

Anyway, that means Lemmy was raised from a puppy by cats, who groomed him, taught him the ways of the world, and mothered him severely. As a result he thinks he's a cat and climbs onto the windowsill.

View attachment 528049

The cat pictured is Lois, named after Lois Griffin. She's descended from a brown marbled Bengal. She's a bit of a bitsa, but there's enough Bengal in her that she still has a spotted tummy like a leopard and she thinks she's a dog. When we walk Lemmy she follows close behind and is famous throughout the village as the cat who goes for a walk with the dog.

Hmm... :laugh: Daft dawg. :laugh:

Though a caveat... It's rather unlikely that your beautiful classic tabby and white non-pedigree girlie has any Bengal in her whatsoever. People will use the breed name to hike up the price of ordinary non-pedigree tabby kittens, and a lot of mugs fall for what is essentially a scam, because a real Bengal, even a pet quality one, will be well into four figures. These moggy kittens then often end up in rescue because at 8 weeks old they're "too old to sell". Buyers tend to want kittens from these backyard breeders at 6 weeks. At that age, they're only just weaned and litter trained and nowhere near old enough to be away from mum and their siblings.

And besides, *all* tabby cats have spotted tums, not just Bengals. :smile:

N.B. I've handled enough Bengals as a steward and as a judge at cat shows, plus I have friends who breed them, so I do know what to look for in terms of markings and body shape. :blush:

Drago

Legendary Member
We knew the cats great grandmother, and she was an F4 Bengal. All the other generations since then have been other breeds and bitsas, so if there is any genetic inheritance in there it's well watered down. I didn't pay for her, rescued her from being given to the RSPCA as a kitten when her elderly owner was packed off to a home following a fall. There isn't much in her (the cat, not the old dear), but it's a bit clearer when she stands. Her behavioural traits are quite strong though.

Top Bottom