Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Love wee Oscar :wub:
In spite of his jumping and biting (working on this) :banghead:
His personality is coming out and he makes us laugh :smile:
After meal times and walkies (sits at every road), he has some chill time in his crate with a treat (carrot stick, blueberries, apple, pear, etc.
He rushes ahead to the crate and does a wee cute, excited hop and skip on the way :laugh:
Great at settling down in his crate and sleeps all night, (only wakes occasionally with a little whimper when he wants covered up with his blanket).
Has some zoomie time before crate!!!

anyone here with advice on trimming cat mats at home, not the things they sleep on, the clumps of hair the cat can't get out themselves. not talking about the easy ones you can pick at & comb out. it seems I let one of ours go too long w/o my attention. I can handle the many little ones, but yikes there are some on the underbelly & even tail that Stormy is not letting me near. the big ones he will let me near, are tough nutz to crack!

anyone here with advice on trimming cat mats at home, not the things they sleep on, the clumps of hair the cat can't get out themselves. not talking about the easy ones you can pick at & comb out. it seems I let one of ours go too long w/o my attention. I can handle the many little ones, but yikes there are some on the underbelly & even tail that Stormy is not letting me near. the big ones he will let me near, are tough nutz to crack!

Those mats are probably painful, as they pull on the skin, hence the reluctance to let you touch them. It's probably the easiest and least stressful for Stormy and for you to get your vet / vet nurse to tackle that under sedation.

oh sedation, thank you. it might come to that! wow, saw some crazy bad cases on youtube! I love the videos with the mobile cat groomers!

Hopefully you can get it sorted - keeping on top of the grooming for a longhaired cat isn't easy, especially as some cats are prone to getting a bit knotty more easily than others. Armpits and groin are the worst places.

Hopefully you can get it sorted - keeping on top of the grooming for a longhaired cat isn't easy, especially as some cats are prone to getting a bit knotty more easily than others. Armpits and groin are the worst places.
thanks. of the three, Stormy is the more reclusive one. the other two have found their ways to get their grooming from us

booked a pro groomer that's coming to our home in a cpl weeks. just spent 30 minutes on the phone with her. recommended by the vet's office. she only does cats & all her gear is specialized toward cats

booked a pro groomer that's coming to our home in a cpl weeks. just spent 30 minutes on the phone with her. recommended by the vet's office. she only does cats & all her gear is specialized toward cats

Fingers crossed she can get it sorted for you :okay:

I have a friend who does that. As well as owning Persians. What she doesn't know about grooming isn't worth knowing about LOL

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
After years of Alfie making a mess everywhere when it was raining, I bought a towel/jacket thing for £20. It doesn't matter how dry I thought I'd got him with towels he would always shake in the house, this would put dirty drops over the walls. This thing is brilliant, he wasn't pleased at first but now he doesn't care. He shook twice with this on and it was all contained. Just have to dry his legs and tail with a towel, which is nothing. Left it on for about 45 mins after a serious soaking tonight and he was nearly dry. Going to buy another as I don't have a tumble dryer. Really good for a Labradoodle, I'd imagine for most dogs with long hair or short that will wear it without pulling it off. The best thing I've bought for ages.

Trying it on for a trial run.

Before Walk.jpg

Looking a bit annoyed after walk and soaking wet.

Not that bothered now.
after walk 2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom