Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We had mainecoons back in the day and they did look very much like your handsome fellow. I guess 'coons are just big hairy American farm cats rather than being too in bred, so not much different from a big hairy moggy. Sadly none of ours made old age, despite the breeders, a lovely couple who doted on the cats, making great efforts to look out for genetic diversity even to the extent of importing tom cats and breeding females from the states.

Maine Coons generally don't tend to make it much past 12 years of age, even allowing for genetic diversity. They are prone to hart problems including HCM so it's always something to bear in mind.

If you want a long-lived pedigree cat, then Siamese and Burmese are famous for making it to a crotchety old age.

Sick boy is 17 today, the only house beast allowed on my bed.
Kidneys declining since early 2018, arthritis in his hips and likely the start of liver cancer yet he still manages to enjoy his days.
He don't know its his birthday but I do so I got him some Madagascan prawns.

Sick boy is 17 today, the only house beast allowed on my bed.
Kidneys declining since early 2018, arthritis in his hips and likely the start of liver cancer yet he still manages to enjoy his days.
He don't know its his birthday but I do so I got him some Madagascan prawns.
View attachment 577416

Happy purrday to a very gorgeous fella :wub: Auntie Reynard sends gentle chin tickles xxx

I have a big soft spot for blues, btw :blush:

this morning's activity. waiting ...

IMG_6451.jpg

come out, come out, whoever you are. shy Mr Chippy!

Mrs M

Guru
Oscar had a lovely day today!
Lovely early morning walk, meeting his favourite neighbour, made a date with her for a 7am walk tomorrow :okay: (Lady lost her elderly dog last year but still goes walkies every day) Oscar for company tomorrow :ohmy:
Wee lunchtime trip to the beach (mum will make up the time later)!
New toy from the pet shop too.
Waiting for Mary Poppins, (the dog (human) trainer to visit next week ^_^
Growing rapidly, 19 weeks.

Top Bottom