Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Awh xxx :hugs: Hugs from all of us here chez Casa Reynard, @rockyroller
Play hard on the Bridge, gorgeous boy xxx
P.S. I'm typing this with a tortie on my desk next to me.
aww thank you & hehe, great! as it should be, meaning, companion in your company. thanks again. there were many times over the past 48 hrs. where I felt very alone. Wifey was out of town, our Son who named him as well. I'm so thankful my Daughter was with me. I dreaded waking her with the news. she rose to the occasion, but suffered as well. a bonding we wish we didn't have to endure

Mrs M

Guru
hoping not to bring anyone down. but as a matter of closure & since we'll all pass thru that door. this weekend we said goodbye to one of three sibling cats. since he was black & because it was Halloween I lit a black candle at dusk. Stormy loved the night. I wore black all day
View attachment 615936
he loved his siblings despite territorial trials. they were a team, especially when they were outside. our Son named him
View attachment 615937
we loved chasing & sometimes catching chipmunks. 2 summers ago he chased a fisher-cat up a tree
View attachment 615938
& he meowed in the morning for catnip, which he would roll it. not everyday, moderation after all ...
View attachment 615939

his last day, marked by severe physical disabilities, was as comfortable as I could make it. he purred in my lap, on the couch & on a warm fleece at the Doctor's office. Stormy would often come to me in bed at night when the lights were dim, climb on y chest & drip. what is it w/ black cats & dripping. our previous black cat "Rita" did the same thing. after a cpl minutes he would stretch out real long on the bed next to me, while I combed & brushed him. that was heaven for him. that is, until Wifey came to bed then we would scurry back downstairs w/ his siblings
View attachment 615940
with all the best memories, we say goodbye & we will miss him & remember him always. his siblings seem curious & are exhibiting some signs that they are missing his presence, so we concentrate on them where appropriate. hug your pets, we know you do. our time with them is temporary. as-is our own time w/ each other. yesterday was sad, not as horrible as Saturday. today & tomorrow will be better, for us ... we buried some of his fur * gathered from a comb I used on him that last morning. he loved being groomed. we wrapped the little box of fur in black paper w/ his name in silver marker & buried it out back where the sun rises & where the setting sun falls on our garden. we can look out there & remember him, in all his joy. the last year or so he had 1 white whisker. altho in that photo it looks like more. ok then. right. moving on ... gotta go little buddy. such a good boy. pat pat. scratch scratch. I'll be looking for signs of you in nature & I trust you'll make your presence known to me. it wasn't a happy Halloween, but the connection didn't go unnoticed & helped a little, I think. everyone at the Vet's office thought he was beautiful & couldn't have been kinder
So sad to hear of Stormy’s passing.
Our wee furry friends don’t stay with us on this earth long enough.
You helped your little friend pass with some comfort and love 💕 and gave a loving tribute.
Hugs to you all xxx

Proto

Legendary Member
Walked with Lexie the lurcher in the woods behind the house, usual running about, exploring (Lex, not me). Got home, bit of frisbee chasing on the lawn, then retired to the sofa (me) and bed for Lexie. Loooked down and she’d got a massive fecking hole in her chest. Sort of ripped the skin clean off. She didn’t seem to bothered but it looked horrendous. No idea how or when it happened.

Dogs must have astonishing pain threshold, she really was behaving like nothing had happened. Trip to emergency vet on a Sunday night was fun. Cleaned up, internal stitches, dressings and penicilli - £466, thank you very much!

Last edited:
So sad to hear of Stormy’s passing.
Our wee furry friends don’t stay with us on this earth long enough.
You helped your little friend pass with some comfort and love 💕 and gave a loving tribute.
Hugs to you all xxx
thank you. support from other pet lovers matters & helps. much appreciated. the siblings are aware & adapting so we're settling in to new routines. having them & them having us, is a comfort to all

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Walked with Lexie the lurcher in the woods behind the house, usual running about, exploring (Lex, not me). Got home, bit of frisbee chasing on the lawn, then retired to the sofa (me) and bed for Lexie. Loooked down and she’d got a massive fecking hole in her chest. Sort of ripped the skin clean off. She didn’t seem to bothered but it looked horrendous. No idea how or when it happened.

Dogs must have astonishing pain threshold, she really was behaving like nothing had happened. Trip to emergency vet on a Sunday night was fun. Cleaned up, internal stitches, dressings and penicilli - £466, thank you very much! View attachment 616013

View attachment 616014
Ouch. My lab/springer cross did that on barbed wire but back nearer her flank. A few years ago and it was just around £140 if I remember. Vets fees haven't half shot up this last few years. £45 just to walk through the door here now.

Dogs must have astonishing pain threshold, she really was behaving like nothing had happened. Trip to emergency vet on a Sunday night was fun. Cleaned up, internal stitches, dressings and penicilli - £466, thank you very much!
yikes! how was Lexi during the procedure? glad they didn't use skin glue. had a doc use that on a cat one time & it let loose as soon as we got home, had to run back for real stitches. that repair looks solid!

Proto

Legendary Member
yikes! how was Lexi during the procedure? glad they didn't use skin glue. had a doc use that on a cat one time & it let loose as soon as we got home, had to run back for real stitches. that repair looks solid!
She wandered into the vets, and I could tell she was thinking "what the feck are they going to do to me now?" She just stood there whilst the vet removed our amateur dressing and had a poke and a prod. The vet used th word 'stoic'. They took her away, sedated her and got to work. I was sent away whilst they worked, picked her up 90 minutes later. A bit sleepy.
Next morning she wanted to go running and killing rabbits, as if nothing had happened. Under strict instructions to keep her on the lead for two weeks, which she will not be happy about..

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Greetings from the Maryland/DC area, Rocky. How did we wind up here? So sorry to hear about you loss of Stormy. The fact that we will outlive our kitties guarantees us a few heart-rippers throughout our life, but we never forget them. We recently had to have our dear blue-eyed 15-year-old apple head Siamese mix, Riley, put to sleep. Sadly he developed a quick onset of a hyper-active thyroid. That left his buddy Charlie, a tabby, all alone. To comfort him we brought a 12-year-old solid gray Kitty into the family, Benny. He is a big boy. 20 pounds! Now at 17 years old, Charlie is really starting to show age. Benny showers him with affection, as do my wife and I. Not looking forward to when his final day comes. One of our other former Heartbreakers was Perry, a long-haired orange and white tabby. He lived to just under 20 years old and passed away in my arms. So tough. So sad for quite a while, but now he’s another one of the boys that fill up that special spot in our hearts reserved for our furry friends. I’m glad you still have Stormy‘s siblings, that they have one another, and you too. Hang in there. Happier days ahead.

Mrs M

Guru
Our “teenager” has got used to languishing in his pit until 9.30 - 10.00.
Bit naughty last night so rude awakening at 7.20 this morning! Boot camp day!
Collar and harness on, out of bed and ready to go before he’d even woken up :ohmy:
Out for a good hour and met up with our neighbour with Oscar’s best pooch friend ❤️
lovely walk at best time of day :smile:
Our boy’s been so well behaved and chilled today, happy to play contentedly with his toys :okay:
Evening walkies then took himself off to bed 🥰

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well our pup was rolling about with a wee cockapoo when out for a walk tonight . Both on leads out at the main road. Ours slipped her harness….. well you can work out the rest. Luckily driver saw her and slammed the brakes on. Light collision to the side of the car.
Emergency vet as noticed blood from her paw, checked over and it looks like she’s lost a claw. Could have been worse very much worse. £280 lighter and she’s seems fine.

Top Bottom