Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Bobbie is just over 11 months old now, his head is only marginally smaller than a massive pumpkin!

Mrs M

Guru
Snoring should keep us awake all night! :ohmy:

Mrs M

Guru
Where has our wee puppy gone :wub:

hoping not to bring anyone down. but as a matter of closure & since we'll all pass thru that door. this weekend we said goodbye to one of three sibling cats. since he was black & because it was Halloween I lit a black candle at dusk. Stormy loved the night. I wore black all day
candle 3 small.jpg

he loved his siblings despite territorial trials. they were a team, especially when they were outside. our Son named him
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.22.44 PM.png

we loved chasing & sometimes catching chipmunks. 2 summers ago he chased a fisher-cat up a tree
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.23.16 PM.png

& he meowed in the morning for catnip, which he would roll it. not everyday, moderation after all ...
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.21.29 PM.png

his last day, marked by severe physical disabilities, was as comfortable as I could make it. he purred in my lap, on the couch & on a warm fleece at the Doctor's office. Stormy would often come to me in bed at night when the lights were dim, climb on y chest & drip. what is it w/ black cats & dripping. our previous black cat "Rita" did the same thing. after a cpl minutes he would stretch out real long on the bed next to me, while I combed & brushed him. that was heaven for him. that is, until Wifey came to bed then we would scurry back downstairs w/ his siblings
Stormy last day 10-30-21 cropped small.jpg

with all the best memories, we say goodbye & we will miss him & remember him always. his siblings seem curious & are exhibiting some signs that they are missing his presence, so we concentrate on them where appropriate. hug your pets, we know you do. our time with them is temporary. as-is our own time w/ each other. yesterday was sad, not as horrible as Saturday. today & tomorrow will be better, for us ... we buried some of his fur * gathered from a comb I used on him that last morning. he loved being groomed. we wrapped the little box of fur in black paper w/ his name in silver marker & buried it out back where the sun rises & where the setting sun falls on our garden. we can look out there & remember him, in all his joy. the last year or so he had 1 white whisker. altho in that photo it looks like more. ok then. right. moving on ... gotta go little buddy. such a good boy. pat pat. scratch scratch. I'll be looking for signs of you in nature & I trust you'll make your presence known to me. it wasn't a happy Halloween, but the connection didn't go unnoticed & helped a little, I think. everyone at the Vet's office thought he was beautiful & couldn't have been kinder

Mo1959

Legendary Member
hoping not to bring anyone down. but as a matter of closure & since we'll all pass thru that door. this weekend we said goodbye to one of three sibling cats. since he was black & because it was Halloween I lit a black candle at dusk. Stormy loved the night. I wore black all day
View attachment 615936
he loved his siblings despite territorial trials. they were a team, especially when they were outside. our Son named him
View attachment 615937
we loved chasing & sometimes catching chipmunks. 2 summers ago he chased a fisher-cat up a tree
View attachment 615938
& he meowed in the morning for catnip, which he would roll it. not everyday, moderation after all ...
View attachment 615939
his last day, marked by severe physical disabilities, was as comfortable as I could make it. he purred in my lap, on the couch & on a warm fleece at the Doctor's office. Stormy would often come to me in bed at night when the lights were dim, climb on y chest & drip. what is it w/ black cats & dripping. our previous black cat "Rita" did the same thing. after a cpl minutes he would stretch out real long on the bed next to me, while I combed & brushed him. that was heaven for him. that is, until Wifey came to bed then we would scurry back downstairs w/ his siblings
View attachment 615940
with all the best memories, we say goodbye & we will miss him & remember him always. his siblings seem curious & are exhibiting some signs that they are missing his presence, so we concentrate on them where appropriate. hug your pets, we know you do. our time with them is temporary. as-is our own time w/ each other. yesterday was sad, not as horrible as Saturday. today & tomorrow will be better, for us ... we buried some of his fur * gathered from a comb I used on him that last morning. he loved being groomed. we wrapped the little box of fur in black paper w/ his name in silver marker & buried it out back where the sun rises & where the setting sun falls on our garden. we can look out there & remember him, in all his joy. the last year or so he had 1 white whisker. altho in that photo it looks like more. ok then. right. moving on ... gotta go little buddy. such a good boy. pat pat. scratch scratch. I'll be looking for signs of you in nature & I trust you'll make your presence known to me. it wasn't a happy Halloween, but the connection didn't go unnoticed & helped a little, I think. everyone at the Vet's office thought he was beautiful & couldn't have been kinder
Gosh, that made my eyes leak a bit. Yes, they break your heart every time you have to let one go but life without a pet is close to unbearable for me. Currently have a Siamese cat on my lap and leaning over her to type this.

Sorry for the loss of your pal.

View attachment 615936
View attachment 615937
View attachment 615938
View attachment 615939
View attachment 615940

Awh xxx :hugs: Hugs from all of us here chez Casa Reynard, @rockyroller

Play hard on the Bridge, gorgeous boy xxx

P.S. I'm typing this with a tortie on my desk next to me.

thank you. we had a Siamese when I was young. blue eyes, a bit crossed. ;-)

Along with kinked tails, a well-known fault of the breed. In the early days of the cat fancy, those traits were actually seen as very desirable, but far less so now. The crossed eyes are linked to visual impairment and a couple of other genetic issues.

On the show bench, they're a withholding fault, so generally, if you see a Siamese in the Household Pet section, a tail kink is often the reason why.

Top Bottom