Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SHE DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she got in on her own!
I let the 1st cat out, walked around w/ a flashlight & clapped my hands to look for & chase away any predators. saw some deer eyes in the woods & came back in. after a few minutes this one comes downstairs & wants to go out. I open the door a crack & use the flashlight from the door way & as she walked to the right side of the house I told her "don't go far"

my routine is to sit on the couch drinking coffee watching the news until I see one or more of them at the back door, then I go let them in. I turn my head every cpl of minutes, so pretty much as soon as they come back, I know it & let them in. she hasn't been staying out long for a few months so I was turning my head for this one frequently. not there, not there, not there. THEN SHE'S INSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to God she got back in on her own or with the help of a higher power! she's done it before but I thought I was crazy. but THIS TIME THERE IS NO QUESTION!
Vic inside.jpg

That's cats for you @rockyroller - like God, they move in mysterious ways. :laugh:

If my two are anything to go by, they *ARE* minor deities in their own right... :blush:

yesterday I came across a cpl more pics of our late Stormy. not to dwell on the loss but I was so happy so see these pics because he was so difficult to photo. he was always tough to capture standing still & as a black cat, difficult to expose for. lately, sometimes Vic (pictured above) will sit at the back door & "murp" as if she is seeing another cat outside. that usually indicates to me that I might be able to coax another in. but when I go check, there is nothing out there. wonder if his spirit is slipping by & she can see or sense it ...?
stormy face.jpg

stormy on patio.jpg

Last edited:

Scaleyback

Veteran
Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our beautiful sweet rescued Beagle Sadie.

After 14 days of spasmodic sickness coupled with extreme distress we could not bear to see her suffer any longer.

After all the Vets treatments and tests the only option now is surgery to investigate further.

We cannot countenance that at Sadie's age and we believe the outcome will not be positive.

We console ourselves with the belief that for the final 3 years 9 months of her life we have done our best to undo all the harm bestowed upon her by her previous human owners.

Sleep deeply gentle Sadie, you were a big part of our lives, we love you and will miss you greatly.

i-Tpd8nZP-XL.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member

After 14 days of spasmodic sickness coupled with extreme distress we could not bear to see her suffer any longer.

After all the Vets treatments and tests the only option now is surgery to investigate further.

We cannot countenance that at Sadie's age and we believe the outcome will not be positive.

We console ourselves with the belief that for the final 3 years 9 months of her life we have done our best to undo all the harm bestowed upon her by her previous human owners.

Sleep deeply gentle Sadie, you were a big part of our lives, we love you and will miss you greatly.

View attachment 622379
Sorry to hear that and glad she enjoyed her twilight years in your care.

My old neighbour phoned me last night to say her family are also taking their beloved dog Archie to the vet for the last time today. Especially sad coming up to Christmas but you know when the time is right to let them go.

View attachment 622379

Ah man... :sad:

Play hard on the Bridge, beautiful girl xxx

P.S. rescues are the best :okay:

what a beautiful photo! so sorry for your loss. wishing you all strength right now & nothing but the best memories. we recently had a similar loss & we know how tough it is. every corner of the house, outside & grocery shopping. my Dad once told me, only time & distraction helps with great loss. hang in there. you are not alone

Mrs M

Guru

View attachment 622379
So sad to hear of your loss of beautiful Sadie.
Nothing I can say to make you feel better, wish there was.
Sending hugs xxxx

Top Bottom