Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Harry has been in the wars :sad:
Had a big fight on Monday with an unwanted visitor in the garden, large black fluffy creature. Not sure if sustained in the fight which was very vicious or the chase over the fence, but Harry ended up with a large gash in his side which I only noticed when he yowled during a stroke. Trip to emergency vet, surgery around 11pm, finished around 1am, collected yesterday morning. Massive bill, luckily he’s insured which will cover around 2/3. :ohmy:
All very stressful as he’s 14 and not in the best of health.
Cone, not allowed out, he’s a very grumpy boy :sad: :sad:

Ah, hate seeing them like that, hopefully he's back to his normal self soon enough.

Had a big fight on Monday with an unwanted visitor in the garden, large black fluffy creature. Not sure if sustained in the fight which was very vicious or the chase over the fence, but Harry ended up with a large gash in his side which I only noticed when he yowled during a stroke. Trip to emergency vet, surgery around 11pm, finished around 1am, collected yesterday morning. Massive bill, luckily he’s insured which will cover around 2/3. :ohmy:

Oh poor sausage xxx :sad:

Auntie Reynard sends a very gentle healing chin tickle.

DRM

Guru
Oh No, Injured, came off second best, interfered with by the vet, all topped off with the cone of shame, things can only pick up for him, get well soon Harry

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We wore similar tweeds today.

nc_ohc=Yvvd4CVvWnMAX8DF3SF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=56dkuzS9owMAX9relr4&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member

Poor Harry is back at the vet, he’s got an infection in the wound, not eating, drinking, diarrhoea. They’re going to dress the wound (probably put him in a shirt to stop him fussing at it with the cone, which is possibly what’s caused the issue), medicate and rehydrate him today. Then they’ll debride and restitch the wound tomorrow. :sad: :sad:
Unfortunately, I’ve got to go to Madrid for work tomorrow overnight, so I’d already arranged for him to board at the vet, so he’ll have 2 nights there rather than one.

Extra stress I really didn’t need right now :sad: :sad:

Mrs M

Guru
Happy 12th birthday to Thomas. 🥰
He’s come a long way since we got him from SSPCA, a scared and skinny little man.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3

Slick

Guru
Poor Harry is back at the vet, he’s got an infection in the wound, not eating, drinking, diarrhoea. They’re going to dress the wound (probably put him in a shirt to stop him fussing at it with the cone, which is possibly what’s caused the issue), medicate and rehydrate him today. Then they’ll debride and restitch the wound tomorrow. :sad: :sad:
Unfortunately, I’ve got to go to Madrid for work tomorrow overnight, so I’d already arranged for him to board at the vet, so he’ll have 2 nights there rather than one.

Extra stress I really didn’t need right now :sad: :sad:

Sorry to read that, poor wee guy. I've no idea what debride is, but hopefully it's not too painful for him. 🤞

Top Bottom