Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
My boys Archie and Rolo, Rolo is a scruffy tyke but cute with it
P_20190804_152451.jpg

P_20190804_152658.jpg

AndreaJ

Veteran
78F6B873-BFD8-4FBF-BF94-3E1D62AE730F.jpeg
A very tired puppy

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can't tell from his face, but he really loves bath night ^_^

View attachment 479234

Love his hair doo...

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Latest of the Ragdolls; Simba (white) and Luna. Slight scrape on Luna's nose, either charging round the house or from Leo....

View attachment 479333

They are gorgeous cats. Are they house cats? Just my daughter wants a cat, I've had 2 moggies before that died of old age. I'd have another, but the house I'm buying is close to a main road. I kind of wondered if pedigree cats are more suited to being a house cat than a moggie. I like the thought of a big cat, I thought of a Maine Coon also, maybe too big though. It was the Ragdoll that I'd been thinking of mainly though.

They are gorgeous cats. Are they house cats? Just my daughter wants a cat, I've had 2 moggies before that died of old age. I'd have another, but the house I'm buying is close to a main road. I kind of wondered if pedigree cats are more suited to being a house cat than a moggie. I like the thought of a big cat, I thought of a Maine Coon also, maybe too big though. It was the Ragdoll that I'd been thinking of mainly though.

Maine Coons are pretty high maintenance (they can be a bit of a diva) - and, as you say, they are rather large. Not really recommended for a purely indoor home.

If you're looking for even-tempered cuddly bears of a cat who are quite happy living indoors, might I suggest looking at Selkirk Rex? Selkirks, especially the boys, are rather chunky but not mahoosive. They're basically of the BSH body type (sizeable but solid), but with a curly coat. They come in both long and shorthaired coats and in a veritable rainbow of colours.

You can also get variant Selkirks who have straight rather than curly coats - they do crop up in some litters, as the original cats were outcrossed to BSH and Persians - but they have the same wonderful temperament.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Maine Coons are pretty high maintenance (they can be a bit of a diva) - and, as you say, they are rather large. Not really recommended for a purely indoor home.

If you're looking for even-tempered cuddly bears of a cat who are quite happy living indoors, might I suggest looking at Selkirk Rex? Selkirks, especially the boys, are rather chunky but not mahoosive. They're basically of the BSH body type (sizeable but solid), but with a curly coat. They come in both long and shorthaired coats and in a veritable rainbow of colours.

You can also get variant Selkirks who have straight rather than curly coats - they do crop up in some litters, as the original cats were outcrossed to BSH and Persians - but they have the same wonderful temperament.

Thanks for that. I've never heard of them, but they look really nice after searching. Thanks I appreciate it. She also mentioned a Munchkin, but I'm not sure about that one..

Top Bottom