Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for that. I've never heard of them, but they look really nice after searching. Thanks I appreciate it. She also mentioned a Munchkin, but I'm not sure about that one..

No, avoid munchkins at all costs. There is a good reason the GCCF (the UK cat equivalent of the Kennel Club) won't sanction the breed here in the UK. They look cute (although not to me) but they are very prone to joint and spine problems due to the reduced limb length. A bit like sausage dogs really, but sausage dogs don't jump about like a cat...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
They are gorgeous cats. Are they house cats? Just my daughter wants a cat, I've had 2 moggies before that died of old age. I'd have another, but the house I'm buying is close to a main road. I kind of wondered if pedigree cats are more suited to being a house cat than a moggie. I like the thought of a big cat, I thought of a Maine Coon also, maybe too big though. It was the Ragdoll that I'd been thinking of mainly though.
Pretty much any Cat can be brought up as a housecat, just don't let em out and have em neutered, mind you when Maz and I got together my big ginger lad (who had been a 'flat cat') couldn't believe what a 'cat-flap' was, he was in and out every 5 minutes.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Frankie in a very rare calm mode.

FD8045E1-AABF-4F35-9BD5-E639FCB0DB9B.jpeg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Time for an updated pic of Idris:

P8070454.JPG

The photo is with my sister on a recent trip on the Severn Valley Railway. Idris was really good and took the motion of the carriage and the sounds of the steam engines in his stride.

My comments about biting earlier in the thread were somewhat premature and he can be a little monster at times. I am so glad that he is losing his puppy teeth now! The canines look like being the last to come through - I shan't miss the needle-like ones he has at the moment.:headshake:

Pretty much any Cat can be brought up as a housecat, just don't let em out and have em neutered, mind you when Maz and I got together my big ginger lad (who had been a 'flat cat') couldn't believe what a 'cat-flap' was, he was in and out every 5 minutes.

This too ^^^

If you go down the rescue route, there are always cats looking for indoor only homes. Some, because that's what they've always been used to, but others because it's better for them e.g. they may be deaf (a friend has the most delightful odd-eyed white girl who is as deaf as a post but is the best lap cat ever) or they may have FIV or something of that ilk. A special needs kitty is just as rewarding as any other cat - sometimes more so.

Hicky

Guru
@Rickshaw Phil , gundogs can be very mouthy I’m glad it’s passing, I’m sure the pooch will develop into a wonderful animal.
My Male was a total di*k for mouthing until he turned 7months then everything fell into place, clean in the house and didn’t bite.
This is him with son no2 on the canal(The dog completely obeys him and they’re devoted to each other)
T’other pic is the Ms who the dog occasionally listens to, oh and yes he runs sideways on for some reason

3B6B901A-9AFC-4019-9544-74CF9BA7BBF3.jpeg
BEB3E5C5-FFDF-4692-8372-0E6A91A05A9D.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
@Rickshaw Phil , gundogs can be very mouthy I’m glad it’s passing, I’m sure the pooch will develop into a wonderful animal.
My Male was a total di*k for mouthing until he turned 7months then everything fell into place, clean in the house and didn’t bite.
This is him with son no2 on the canal(The dog completely obeys him and they’re devoted to each other)
T’other pic is the Ms who the dog occasionally listens to, oh and yes he runs sideways on for some reason

View attachment 479492 View attachment 479491
My Sabor never stopped 'mouthing' with me, he didn't do it to anyone else but he loved gently gnawing me,

006 (4).jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

View attachment 479492 View attachment 479491
I'm sure you're right. He's strong enough now that he could do real damage if that was what he intended - it's just that the puppy teeth are so sharp and he doesn't get that we don't always want to play rough like he would with another puppy.

I shouldn't complain really as Rubens was like this too, only he would bite the back of your leg when in the mood which thankfully Idris doesn't do.

Top Bottom