Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
Driven that road never cycled it. The most dangerous way to travel it is in the back of a collectivo (pickup trucks for hire locally).

Driven that road never cycled it. The most dangerous way to travel it is in the back of a collectivo (pickup trucks for hire locally).
Sadly I know someone who's son perished while cycling it.
Take care folks.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Sadly I know someone who's son perished while cycling it.
Take care folks.
I am sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately it does see several fatalities every year. We went with an organised outing and they were super careful with us. It was scary as the drop-offs are huge & steep and it is still a public road so although there is little traffic you have to be aware it may be round the corner and it is very narrow indeed. But I loved being able to rdie from the high mountains & glaciers right down to the rainforest with parrots & monkeys and wonderful flora

I am sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately it does see several fatalities every year. We went with an organised outing and they were super careful with us. It was scary as the drop-offs are huge & steep and it is still a public road so although there is little traffic you have to be aware it may be round the corner and it is very narrow indeed. But I loved being able to rdie from the high mountains & glaciers right down to the rainforest with parrots & monkeys and wonderful flora
glad you survived - not for me - yep mountains to rainforest and the wildlife sounds amazing, but surely safer escapades offering similar. I like barriers on such roads.

Traffic Jam!

IaninSheffield

Veteran
As Mick Dundee might have said,
'That's not a flock of sheep.
This is a ...'
😉
medium_img_1108-jpg.jpg

Top Bottom