Post office parcel delivery.... excellent service on this occasion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You've just reminded me I need to buy a book of stamps. Thank you.

vickster

Legendary Member
I sent a book to our son who lives near Nottingham.
Left it at the local post office yesterday morning.
It has already arrived.
1st class.....£3.75 ^_^
I know there are cheaper services but as the man said "that will do for me Tommy".
Well yes, first class should get there next day surely?
It’s gone around 100 miles not to the moon!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Well yes, first class should get there next day surely?
It’s gone around 100 miles not to the moon!

True as that may be, I'm often in awe at how great the postal / courier services are. The fact you can send an item to the other end of the country for peanuts still amazes me. The alternative would be to drive there and back.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am off to the local Post Office this afternoon to pick up a parcel. You would think that I should have no problem with that basic task but some of the reviews on Google suggest that this may not be the case... To avoid the risk of being sued for libel I won't quote them! :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I worked as a postman in Helensburgh a long time ago a guy came in and posted a large letter with a very prominent return address. The latter was delivered back to his house [by me] on the second delivery before he got back home again.
The return address was so prominent nobody noticed it was not the destination address.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I worked as a postman in Helensburgh a long time ago a guy came in and posted a large letter with a very prominent return address. The latter was delivered back to his house [by me] on the second delivery before he got back home again.
The return address was so prominent nobody noticed it was not the destination address.
I have wondered about that in the past! I have had letters and parcels with return addresses on the front, the same size as my delivery address. The only difference being one had 'To:' and the other 'From:' in front, which would be easy for a busy postie to miss.

I didn't have a problem at the PO. In and out in 5 minutes.

The notice they had up at Christmas is still there. It states that people should wrap their parcels at home. Sensible advice given the Covid-19 risk of having people standing around in a public confined space. What did I see a couple of weeks before Christmas, but a woman with a pile of unwrapped presents wrapping them in the aisle leading to the counter, and people having to squeeze past her! :wacko:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not too happy!
I ordered/bought a jacket online on 2/3/21. I wondered where it was after 8 days of waiting for delivery. I've just tracked it on my phone to find delivery was attempted on 4/3/21,but 'you weren't in'. The PO didn't leave one of those red cards to let me know they'd attempted to deliver it and to make arrangements for another delivery attempt/date! So it's been sat in the depot for 6 days while i've been wondering what's happened to it.:headshake:

Mike_P

Guru
Completely hopeless, ordered a Garmin Varia and a new pair of bib shorts last week from separate suppliers and for each I got an email last Thursday each saying they would be delivered Friday afternoon with an option to change which I did to Saturday as I had Friday off work and according to the weather forecast Saturday was a right off. Come Friday morning two more emails saying they would be delivered that afternoon:eek: Again an option to change and with the forecast for Saturday now changed to fine weather opted for Monday. Out cycling on Saturday and I stopped on a bench for a snack and to check emails, twitter etc and a pair of emails had turned up saying they had been delivered. Arrived almost back home when a neighbour shouted they had two parcels for me.

Top Bottom