Post viral fatigue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So i got a virus over the weekend, scratchy throat sat night, sunday i looked like death warmed up. my body has fought off the virus but i'm now TOTALLY wiped out.
i look like cavendish after they pulled him off his bike at the finish today (TDF) i think its part of the glandular fever i had just after christmas, my friend said to me "every time you get a cold or flu you'll feel the same"
she's right, i can't walk up the stairs without totally being out of breath and feeling faint. i'm using my hiking staff as a walking stick everywhere i go :sad:

my biggest worry is how quickly i'll be able to get back on the bike and is there anything i can do to help get my strength back?
i hate feeling like this and although its rather nice to watch the tour whilst lay on the couch i'd rather be out doing my own tours at least.
any tips or advice?
thanks
pete

subaqua

What’s the point
took me nearly 12 months to get over the effects of a Non specific viral infection I caught in October 2009. every tinme i got a cold i was just as you describe. I pushed myself early and it went on longer due to that I think.

I did plenty of rest at weekends and evenings after work and a healthy diet and a fortnight holiday.

Top Bottom