Postal conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
*** UPDATED ON PAGE 2 ****

One perhaps for @postman ???
Yesterday, ordered a food processor from eBay ... I haven't bought off eBay for several years, but checked out, paid etc. This morning I got an email to say my product has been posted .... to the house me and the ex-Mrs Fnaar sold last November ... I hadn't updated my address details on eBay ... emailed the company, no reply yet, but it's been sent ....
Ex-Mrs Fnaar was getting post re-directed to her new house (I actually moved out more than 2 yrs ago) but that has now stopped ... I don't really wanna go knocking on my old door ... maybe they hate the house and wanna kill me!!!
I live in a small town, and I could easily nip into the GPO sorting office and tell them ... but ...
unsure what to do ...
Oh sages of CycleChat, I await your advice!
:ohmy::smile:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorting Office won't be able to do anything, without the card they leave.

Sender would have to get in touch, you could be Jack Smith off the street. Have you got a tracking number?

The sorting office won't give it to you if it's not addressed to you, they'll send it back only, I know this when I tried to retrieve my coffee which had been wrongly addressed but had my name on it, they wouldn't give it to me.

Ebay sellers often list it as posted when it isn't, your best bet is contacting them, otherwise once it's sent, it's sent, not sure what you can do but call at your old house, just pretend you were a friend of the former owners and used to use the address for deliveries when you were out. Wear a wig and some false teeth if they actually met you before.

postman

Legendary Member
One perhaps for @postman ???
Yesterday, ordered a food processor from eBay ... I haven't bought off eBay for several years, but checked out, paid etc. This morning I got an email to say my product has been posted .... to the house me and the ex-Mrs Fnaar sold last November ... I hadn't updated my address details on eBay ... emailed the company, no reply yet, but it's been sent ....
Ex-Mrs Fnaar was getting post re-directed to her new house (I actually moved out more than 2 yrs ago) but that has now stopped ... I don't really wanna go knocking on my old door ... maybe they hate the house and wanna kill me!!!
I live in a small town, and I could easily nip into the GPO sorting office and tell them ... but ...
unsure what to do ...
Oh sages of CycleChat, I await your advice!
:ohmy::smile:

Ok i can only tell you what we used to do.Now i have been retired 13 years.First of all IS Royal Mail delivering it.If yes go to the office and see if the item was refused by the new house holder.If the delivery person brought it back.He would have 'killed ' it off.Then the person in the callers office would enter your name and address in a book or now on a computer and he would have tried to get a return address off the wrapping.So they could send it back.If no address to be seen it goes back to either Returned Letter Branch or Returned Letter Section.Go to the delivery office with some id .Staff are always happy to go the extra mile to help out.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ok i can only tell you what we used to do.Now i have been retired 13 years.First of all IS Royal Mail delivering it.If yes go to the office and see if the item was refused by the new house holder.If the delivery person brought it back.He would have 'killed ' it off.Then the person in the callers office would enter your name and address in a book or now on a computer and he would have tried to get a return address off the wrapping.So they could send it back.If no address to be seen it goes back to either Returned Letter Branch or Returned Letter Section.Go to the delivery office with some id .Staff are always happy to go the extra mile to help out.
Thanks Postie ... item will be a big box, and was only sent this morning... I know a few of the postmen to say hello to ... will nip into office later and explain ...
I'll keep you posted :laugh::laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

If you paid by Paypoo, what address is on the Paypoo account?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Is there any way of alerting the people at your old address? Just in case.
There is, I can knock on the door, but as I sold the house and they bought it, there might be awkward issues... you know, in case they have found issues ith the house,or something like that.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If you paid by Paypoo, what address is on the Paypoo account?
It was the old address, hence where it's been posted to.

D

Deleted member 26715

It was the old address, hence where it's been posted to.
Report to your CC company as an unauthorised transaction, otherwise if it gets delivered & signed for at your old address, you've lost it if they deny it.

alicat

Legendary Member
I would knock on your old door. You moved out more than 2 years ago so any issues are not yours. Or you could look on it as an opportunity to help fix the issues and spread some goodwill around.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I would knock on your old door. You moved out more than 2 years ago so any issues are not yours. Or you could look on it as an opportunity to help fix the issues and spread some goodwill around.
Well, I moved out 2 years ago, but ex Mrs Fnaar was there till last November, when the house was sold (I was still owner)

Top Bottom